Resistant Hair Ladies/Stretchers

KeraKrazy

Thickness before length
What relaxers are you using to relax bone straight? I have extremely resistant hair, I usually need to use super relaxers for 40mins plus to get my new growth straight. Its definately not my relaxing technique becaue hairdressers have also commented on this throughout my life. In addition to my relaxer proof hair I've also been wearing braids for 3 months. I wondered if someone could give me advice on a good relaxer to use?

baglady215

I have super resistant hair too, and I've kind of just resigned myself to the fact that I'll never be able to relax to bone straight. I'm ok with it though because it gets straight enough, but when it's wet I still have some texture. You leave it on for 40 mins? My scalp would have exploded. :lol:

I like Mizani Super but it wasn't strong enough for me. Motions Super was a joke. Silk Elements Super was good, but I was burning after 10 mins. Even with rinsing out early, my hair wasn't THAT underprocessed. I bought ORS Lye Super this time. If I don't like this, I think I'm going back to Silk Elements, but in Regular to give me more time. What relaxers have you tried?

KeraKrazy

Thickness before length
Thanks for responding baglady215, I've tried
motions super (underprocessed),
affirm for coarse hair (relaxed straight but gradually started thinning my hair), phyto II (my hair just laughed at this even after 30 mins),
Revlon super (burns the hell out of my scalp)

I'm thinking of trying silk elements next I'll probably start with regular since alot of people have said it burns.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm still not bone strait, but ORS olive oil relaxer has gotten my hair the straitest its ever been since my MTG use. It may have gotten straiter had I not mixed a lil conditioner on my hair.:ohwell: no burning, no discomfort at all. I can still wash n go, too.:) I've yet to get a strait style because I'm on a no heat challenge.:look:

baglady215

I just updated the ORS thread. I used Super and it burns like SE Super. I think I'm just going to stick with Regular from now on... and just live with texlaxed hair... :ohwell: