What makes hair resistant?

Purtygurly

Ok, I've come to the conclusion that my hair is resistant to relaxers. I relaxed my hair two days ago, and it's still curly. It gets straight enough when I wet set it, but it looks like naturally curly hair when I let it air dry. Even my hair dresser couldn't get it straight.

I just want to know what exactly does it mean when your hair is resistant?

btw

My hair came out great, I lost some layers and it's shiny and bouncy with virtually no breakage AND it's longer.

Ayeshia

Are you taking vitamins? maybe the vitamins have made your hair a lot stonger therefore making it more resistant than the rest of your hair that has been previously relaxed.

ChasingBliss

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
BTW i think that is a good thing

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so too, my situation is somewhat similar. I found my hair didnt take like it did the last time (and it was left in the same amount of time). This time my body had adjusted to vits, healthier eating and about 4 months of msm intake.

ChrissyinLA

If you have healthy hair, the s bonds will be very strong. So its difficult to get the hair to relax. Not at all a bad thing!

Purtygurly

I started taking vitamins only a month ago, my hair has always been like this. My previously relaxed (it's really texturized I guess) hair is the same way.

My hair is healthy, and that's nice... but now I'm almost afraid to keep taking the vitamins