Review: Dudu Osun(black african soa) and Hair

ryanshope

I have heard about using Dudu Osun for skin and how great it is. So, I have been using it for a few days to deal with a bout of adult onset ezcema( I don't know how well it is working yet). I put the lather in my hair and was suprised how well it works as a shampoo--my hair felt clean but not stripped. It wasn't moisturizing but I do like the fact that that has no SLS or ALS and is double duty. So if you have some Dudu Osun try some of the lather in your hair; you may be surprised :)

naturalgurl

WOW! This is a fine soap. Ingredients...
Ingredients:
Pure Honey
Shea Butter
Osun (camwood)
Palmkernel Oil
Cocoa Pod Ash
Palm Bunch Ash
Glycerine
Aloe Vera
Lime Juice & Oil
Lemon Juice & Oil
Water & Fragrance

I looked up cocoa pod ash and palm bunch ash and they both are high in potassium.

I also found the site where you can purchase which is Afrikan Republic. I just glanced around but looks like they have some good stuff there. This info almost slipped by me, I'm glad I clicked on your thread. Thanks again for the info!!!

Angelicus

I sometimes wash my hair with this soap with absolutely no problem. If I were to go "natural" with my products, it would be my shampoo of choice along with Dr. Bronners Almond soap.

BTW: I've been using this soap since 2005 and my face looks great.

cicilypayne

I have a few bars of this soap and have often thought about this has a shampoo bar. I might be tempted to try it if I run out of my Aryuveda:perplexed

ryanshope

WOW! This is a fine soap. Ingredients...
Ingredients:
Pure Honey
Shea Butter
Osun (camwood)
Palmkernel Oil
Cocoa Pod Ash
Palm Bunch Ash
Glycerine
Aloe Vera
Lime Juice & Oil
Lemon Juice & Oil
Water & Fragrance

I looked up cocoa pod ash and palm bunch ash and they both are high in potassium.

I also found the site where you can purchase which is Afrikan Republic. I just glanced around but looks like they have some good stuff there. This info almost slipped by me, I'm glad I clicked on your thread. Thanks again for the info!!!

Yep, that is where I got it from; along with some shea butter and coconut oil to treat my ezcema...The site was good about shipping the items quickly.

yuriko

I used to use black soap to wash my hair back when I lived in Nigeria. From my experience its great as long as the water in your area is not hard (you know, hard water). Any soap will form lots of nasty scum in your hair if the water is hard. I am glad you liked it.

HERicane10

I used to use black soap to wash my hair back when I lived in Nigeria. From my experience its great as long as the water in your area is not hard (you know, hard water). Any soap will form lots of nasty scum in your hair if the water is hard. I am glad you liked it.

Following with a good ACV rinse should take care of that! :yep:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I have heard about using Dudu Osun for skin and how great it is. So, I have been using it for a few days to deal with a bout of adult onset ezcema( I don't know how well it is working yet). I put the lather in my hair and was suprised how well it works as a shampoo--my hair felt clean but not stripped. It wasn't moisturizing but I do like the fact that that has no SLS or ALS and is double duty. So if you have some Dudu Osun try some of the lather in your hair; you may be surprised :)

It's great soap and they make a liquid one that can be specifically used for shampooing (there are several lines of liquid black soap). I heard it was good for scalp conditions.