REVIEW: NU-GRO Spray WITH Moisturizer

tailormade84

The recent thread on this product reminded me that I completely forgot to review this product so here it is :)

I originally picked up this because:
1. it was 5 dollars at my local BBS
2. i wanted to use a product that contains garlic to help with my shedding
3. the conditioner smells like STANK and i was not about to buy that again
4. I am sick of making my own spray

NU-GRO Spray WITH Moisturizer 16oz

Product description:
Helps grow, thicken, heal hair.Can Stop shedding in days. Moisturizes. Normally, see good hair growth results in 2-3 weeks. Adds Body, Bounce and Shine! Normally, stops shedding in days, see hair growth improvement in 2 - 3 weeks. For those with hair loss, thinning, balding or shedding. Also those who have lost hair due to medical treatment (chemotherapy etc.). And those whose hair has been damaged by chemicals. A very effective spray. MONEY-BACK guarantee!

Ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Parsley, Allium Sativum (Garlic), Nettle, Burdock, Horsetail Coltsfoot, Rosemary Leaf, Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil, Safflower Oil, Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Fragrance, Pab Panthenol (B-5) Vitamin E and D, Aloe Vera.

My review:

PROS:
*i did experience decreased shedding over the 4 month period of using this
*had some great ingredients
*was GREAT moisturizer when i had kinky twists
*continues to be a great "refreshing" spray for my twist out
*a little goes a long way - i spray my hair with water first and then i pump a few sprays of this moisturizer (no more than 6) and my hair is soft
*it smells like strawberry-kiwi :drunk: - a serious upgrade from that nasty smelling conditioner

CONS:
*it's not my "come to the rescue" or "stand alone" moisturizer after i wash my hair - my hair must be moisturized with my shea butter mix first. I can't just wash my hair and spray this on and be fine. no ma'am. BUT its a good "refreshing" spray to get me through the week and to my next wash day.
*does NOT help detangle (no slip)

I will repurchase :) (once i accomplish my "dirty thirty challenge" lol)

HTH!!!:grin::grin::grin:

*C00KIE*

I just started using this product. This product is amazing for moisture. So far everynight I unbraid my plaits (4 big plaits daily, under my wig) spray my hair and rebraid. I love this moisturizer. Although the previous poster did state that it doesnt detangle because of no slip, for me I find this to be incorrect. My hair is super super dry and when I apply this spray in my hair it moist my hair something serious that the hair that was tangled, untangles with no problem. The garlic in it is a plus, I also apply MN every other night so the garlic combats that shedding. Oh yea, and I get great body with this spray/moisturizer