Review of SSRR hair with pics :)

Carmelella

So I relaxed my hair to 70% this June and at about 3 months post I wanted a PS to keep my hair hidden for another 3 months so that I could have a 6 mo stretch for most of my hair. I did a touch up of a small U part leave out section.

I chose SSRR for a full head because as a natural SSNR was a good color and sheen match for me. It however gets big and I didn't keep it in long because I went back to a relaxer.... Anywho....

Product: 1 1/3 bundle SSRR , machine tied, 14 inches, color 2. AND 1/4 bundle 12 inches SSRR HAND tied, color 2, for the front.

The pics are divided in two sections. Section 1 ( blue top) is straight from the salon, minimal products, as good as it gets. I was happy with the results.

image-460308256.jpg

image-2317074765.jpg

image-4174466820.jpg

image-3088039579.jpg

image-124132065.jpg

Section 2: these were taken two weeks later after cowashing once after using hair spray. I added CON argon oil to it (which I never usually do to weaves). I also cut two inches off the back and sides myself. This is the everyday, low maintenance , I have no time to do anything special to it ( brush, go, tie it up at night, repeat).

image-2256903082.jpg

image-1759317544.jpg

image-4167385643.jpg

image-3977689519.jpg

image-2025501099.jpg

image-2204868979.jpg

The post below is my actual review....

Attachments

• image-4150810366.jpg
    image-4150810366.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 58
  • image-1647185531.jpg
    image-1647185531.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 61

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Looks real nice and very real! Very soft looking and manageable. So you are going to leave this install up for another 3 months? Or were u saying you took it out already? Sorry didn't know if you were talking about this install or the previous one!

Carmelella

Customer service: I had ordered the wrong product, 1 rr and 1 nr. I emailed them, they replied promptly and told me to send back what I didn't want since it was all packaged and that they would send me another rr. I got lazy and didn't send it back though, I use nr for my buns even with relaxed hair. So good service

Shipping: paid for next day delivery and got it on time but previously I got my standard shipping orders within 4 days I wanna say.

Hair quality: It feels soft but only semi silky as it tries to mimic relaxed hair. I found the ends "catch" a little when combing but does not tangle. I did use hair spray on it so after a real wash maybe that'll go away.

Length: it is true to length but I feel the ends are thin so I cut off two inches in a tapered fashion so that I would have fuller ends. So I guess order up a size??

Weft: machine tied: Sturdy as hell! And thick! You can cut them up so that you don't have to fold them and you don't have to worry about sealing the ends of the track. Very minimal to no shedding. I didn't split the track so no advise there.

Weft: Hand tied: very very thin. When you touch the top of my head you feel no track though you might feel a braid. I don't worry about the track showing at all and u can achieve a very flat look. You MUST seal the ends though. I sealed the ends and about 2-3 inches in with crazy glue. Once installed it doesn't feel hard or stiff and after 1 wash no shedding really. Just a few strands.

Sheen: does not look like doll hair. I took pics in several lighting to try and show the blending. My hair ends mid cheek or a little below from the side view.

Curl: bobby boss holds a better curl. I would add 10 seconds of curling iron time for a good hold. It holds MUCH better than the NR version that can't hold a curl AT ALL.

Color: I bought color 2 which is suppose to be a dark brown. It was a good match for me. Their number 2 is darker than bobby boss number 2 and a tad lighter than their 1b. The color is rich and not monotone so I find it looks more natural. It did have a tad bit of gray hairs in there though. Nothing crazy :silly:

Durability: this is only 2.5 weeks post install so I'll update at some other time.

Website: ugly as hell. The first time I ordered from them I was wary because their site looked shabby. Be careful when u are selecting ur product.

Price: depending on length per bundle is 70s to 110 (off the top of my head). Hand tied is roughly 10 dollars more expensive. I think it's worth it.

Hope this helps!!!

Carmelella

Oh yah... Almost forgot! This hair handles oils very well. There is some clumping as you can see but it looks like regular relaxed hair not clumpy doll hair. So if your into moisturizing and sealing your braids you shouldn't have a problem. In the past I never added oils to my hair because it would look flat and lifeless w/i a day.

SSRR: senghori shells relaxed rhythms
SSNR: senghori shells natural rhythms

Carmelella

HairPleezeGrow said:
Looks real nice and very real! Very soft looking and manageable. So you are going to leave this install up for another 3 months? Or were u saying you took it out already? Sorry didn't know if you were talking about this install or the previous one!

I just got this install two weeks ago and plan to leave it in for a total of 3 months. :). I hope. My last relaxer of my entire head was 3 months ago so if I stick to my plan I would have completed a 6 month stretch before I relax again. And hopefully be APL, lol

Carmelella

ms.tatiana said:
I just re-installed my 18 in last Friday & I've had this hair since Feb of this year. Love this hair!!!

I'm really going to try and be careful during the takedown so that I can reuse the hair. Any special method of takedown and cleaning that u use?

ms.tatiana

I have 8 ozs of the hand tied hair so I haven't cut my tracks at all. And I have all the hair in my head. I wash and condition with the Carson weave shampoo & conditioner. When I take it down I only wash with conditioner and let it air dry. It's been working like a charm. I usually wear it in curls so I use flexie rods most of the time.