Review - The Body Shop Brazil Nut Pre Poo

Bosslady1

This stuff is the truth! :eek::love:

I used it on dry hair and added some EVOO to my hair ends. Then I put a shower cap over my head and covered it with a warm towel. I kept reheating the towel (like 3 times). After 1 hour I wash it out.

I shampooed my hair with Mane N tail deep moisturizing poo (I mixed this with Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree poo...The tea tree in it feels tingly on my scalp:drunk:) and then I kept my Mane N Tail deep moisturizing conditioner in for 3 minutes. (I mixed it with Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree cond....The tea tree feels really good on my scalp, like a stimulus:drunk:)

I rinsed and airdried, used my caruso, set the curls under the dryer and wrapped my hair, next morning my cut was looking fierce. (side swept bob...A real cut...not short hair turned hair style) It had a really nice shine and bounce to it. I always poo & cond. the same way so I definetly believed it was the pre-poo that made the difference.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: My hair was AND still is soooo freaking shiny and (get this)....THIS IS THE LEAST AMOUNT OF BREAKAGE I EVER, ever freaking had!

This is my 1st official staple product. :notworthy
It smells great and definetly worked for me.

This weekend my hair is going into braids for my challenge. I will do C & G until september in order to reach full APL.

....I just wantd to share this great product with you ladies. :alcoholic :)

morehairplease

thanks for the review bosslady! can you post what's in it? by chance have you tried the pre poo from Aveda? If so, can you compare the two?

sareca

I got similar results from macadamia nut oil used as a pre-poo. :yep: What is it about 'dem nut oils?

Last edited:

Bosslady1

bmoreflyygirl said:
I went to the Body Shop looking for this yesterday but they didn't have it. I'd like to try it out.

I bought mines online. When you sign up with them you get free shipping on your 1st order and future discounts. Plus there sales are DA BOMB!:eek:

Bosslady1

tishee said:
thanks for the review bosslady! can you post what's in it? by chance have you tried the pre poo from Aveda? If so, can you compare the two?

I never knew Aveda had a pre-poo...
I am not changing my pre-poo anytime soon. It works too good!:)
I am happy I found step #1 in my regimen!:grin:

ItsyBitsy

Thanks so much for the review. I have this at home already....I can rotate this with my OJON restorative treatment :grin:

Royal Glory

Thanks for sharing Bosslady1.

I like the nut prepoos. I'm adding this one to my list too. (I'm still trying to find a less-expensive alternative to my beloved Ojon Restorative Treatment.)

Bosslady1

Royal Glory said:
Thanks for sharing Bosslady1.

I like the nut prepoos. I'm adding this one to my list too. (I'm still trying to find a less-expensive alternative to my beloved Ojon Restorative Treatment.)

Ojon is great but I use it as a hair seal or on my ends at night. It cost too much money for me to just wash it out in a hour!:lol:

Bosslady1

DIONNE31 said:
Thanks so much for the review. I have this at home already....I can rotate this with my OJON restorative treatment :grin:

It smells just like Ojon. Real nutty! It sounds like a good rotation.

Naphy

You make me wanna buy it ! Next time I will take the train to Paris, I will go to the Bodyshop ^^

ItsyBitsy

Bosslady1 said:
Ojon is great but I use it as a hair seal or on my ends at night. It cost too much money for me to just wash it out in a hour!:lol:
This is one of the products I refuse to be without, but the smell is not that great. I leave it on over night and wash in the morning. I always wash my scarf in the morning to to get that burnt coffee cigar smell out. So I know i wouldn't tolerate the smell in my hair on a regular basis. Im sure it makes a great sealant though :grin:

ItsyBitsy

Bosslady1 said:
It smells just like Ojon. Real nutty! It sounds like a good rotation.
You think this smells like OJON? I think the Brazil Nut smells sooooo much better. The OJON smells like coffee beans :perplexed & the brazil nut smells more like nuts :grin: .

glamazon386

Bosslady1 said:
I bought mines online. When you sign up with them you get free shipping on your 1st order and future discounts. Plus there sales are DA BOMB!:eek:

Oh okay thanks. I'll have to order it then.

morehairplease

Bosslady1 said:
I never knew Aveda had a pre-poo...
I am not changing my pre-poo anytime soon. It works too good!:)
I am happy I found step #1 in my regimen!:grin:

thanks Bosslady. I am going to pick this one up today at the mall.

ItsyBitsy

I wanted to let ya'll know I tried this over the weekend instead of my beloved OJON treatment. I let it soak over night, washed with CON, DC with Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose & Kenra. Rollerset as usual. I am very impressed with this product my hair is moisturized & very soft. I haven't used a daily moisturizer at all this week & my hair is just as good as the day I washed it (sunday)
I think this is a great alternative to the OJON restorative treatment :grin:

Bosslady1

DIONNE31 said:
I wanted to let ya'll know I tried this over the weekend instead of my beloved OJON treatment. I let it soak over night, washed with CON, DC with Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose & Kenra. Rollerset as usual. I am very impressed with this product my hair is moisturized & very soft. I haven't used a daily moisturizer at all this week & my hair is just as good as the day I washed it (sunday)
I think this is a great alternative to the OJON restorative treatment :grin:

The shine!...:eek:
Did you get the shine!?:grin:

ItsyBitsy

Bosslady1 said:
The shine!...:eek:
Did you get the shine!?:grin:
OH Yeah....I GOT IT :grin:
This stuff is great!
Thanks to this my regimen is 99% solid. I have my staple products & my second string products that I love & they meet all my hairs needs. Next im getting Aveda Styling creme which will (hopefully) serve as an alternative to my Dove Sheer mist & aveda serum (my daily moisture & shine) :grin: