Revlon Realistic Users

Purtygurly

I'm going to use this relaxer on sombody's hair. I looked at the neutralizing shampoo that goes with it, the pH is 6 point something (I think 6.8)

Shouldn't it be much lower?

What neutralizing shampoo do you use with it?

crhall1

I noticed this also. I used this relaxer for the first time in years for my touch-up last October. When I tried to use the shampoo after I had rinsed the relaxer out it made my scalp BURN. Luckily I had a bottle of the Motions neutralizing shampoo near by and used it. It made the burning stop and I had no problems after that. I do belive the pH of the Revlon neutralizing shampoo is too high.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I use Isoplus Neutralizing shampoo. No burning there. Also remember Revlon is a very strong relaxer so don't leave it on too long. Work quickly! Good Luck!

Ebony

i use isoplus neutralizing shampoo always. i concur with dontspeakdefeat. I stopped using revlon realistic years ago. It is very strong.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I use the Revlon Realistic neutralizing shampoo (Herbal Deep Clean) with the relaxer. I think if the ph was too high, I'd be bald or my hair would be hard and crispy. It works for me and I've been using it for several years.

Purtygurly

Kay, thanks. I'll use isoplus.

It's funny how you warn me about how strong it is. I used it for my last touchup and it only texturized my hair even though I kept it in for 30 minutes (and no, I'm nowhere near overprocessed)

but I'll take your advice, I know that her (my b/f's mom) hair isn't resistant.

shinyblackhair

[ QUOTE ]
Purtygurly said:
I'm going to use this relaxer on sombody's hair. I looked at the neutralizing shampoo that goes with it, the pH is 6 point something (I think 6.8)

Shouldn't it be much lower?

What neutralizing shampoo do you use with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had thought this too.however I've been using the Revlon neutralizing shampoo and it's been fine. I should add that I also follow up the neut. shampoo with my QP Shampoo for Relaxed Hair which has a really low ph (3ish).After that, I use Motions Silk Protein conditioner. My hair comes out so nice and soft.

nita4

I have been using the regular and I have fine/thin hair. I should be using the mild, but it texturizes my hair too. So, I use regular for 20 minutes. But, I would really, really prefer to a mild.

shinyblackhair

[ QUOTE ]
nita4 said:
I have been using the regular and I have fine/thin hair. I should be using the mild, but it texturizes my hair too. So, I use regular for 20 minutes. But, I would really, really prefer to a mild.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe that's my problem??? I've been using mild!