rollerset natural hair

Africurly

I have 3c/4a natural hair and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about rollersetting it I want to use the blowdryer as little as possible or even not at all. My hair also gets frizzy easily. I have never done it before, so any tips or ideas :think: would help me out a lot.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I know Carefree has done rollersets on her natural hair. You might wanna check out her album and/or PM her. ;)

Peachtree

In addition to Carefree, u can also try Bubblnbrnsuga... I think she did a rollerset also.
I'm gonna try one in the near future... I'll post pics when I do :cool:

moda

Africurly said:
I have 3c/4a natural hair and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about rollersetting it I want to use the blowdryer as little as possible or even not at all. My hair also gets frizzy easily. I have never done it before, so any tips or ideas :think: would help me out a lot.

I rollerset my hair quite often, normally I spiral about half of my hair and pin up the back some way. My hair frizzes easy as well, but when I rollerset I do not have the problem. I roll my hair while still damp, I use Black n Sassy heat activated hot sheen (it is actually a heat protectant, but I like the shine it gives), or pantene oil cream moisturizer and curl wax (when I spiral set). I have a few pics in my album that show my spiral set.

http://public.fotki.com/cincybrownsugar/
pw natural

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
Africurly said:

Just make sure your hair is damp when rollersetting and use a good leave-in. It may or may not straighten your hair but it stretches it some, depending on your hair. Also make sure the rollers are secure and snug. Good luck.

kristina

I plan on trying this. Though it might have to wait until May (went I take off the braids I plan on putting in next week).

ChocoKitty

I haven't been doing any roller sets but I do use rods. However, I would highly suggest that you try Mane 'n Tail conditioner as a "setting lotion". Lately I've been putting larger sized rods in my ponytail. I use MnT conditioner as my setting lotion. I all my life I've never had curls that have lasted so long. At the end of the day my curls still look like I've just taken my rods out. I highly recommend that you give it a try with your rollersets. My mom just did a rollerset with it last night and she loves it! It sets your hair almost instantly!:)

Africurly

Thanks for the tips everybody, I don't have a photo album up yet, I will try to set up one this weekend, even though my digital camera sucks.

good2uuuu

I don't have step by step instructions, but I do rollerset from time to time and have a pic in my album of the final results.