Rollersets don't last and feel dry...a little help please

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
The issue:

Ok so i'm recently relaxed again (3c/4a ear length). I DC 2x week with ORS replensishing and to set i put a little serum and very dilute settling lotion.
When its wet my hair feels wonderful (slippy almost mushy) but when its done its feels dry. Even when I put some creme hairdress.

Also the curls don't last more than 3 hrs. So I end up using S-curl, but of course that makes my hair 'wet'. Defeating the whole purpose of setting my hair.:spinning:

My attempt at a solution:

I'm thinking that my issues are elasticity and moisture retention, and that protein would help. I've been pree-pooing with protein last 2 washes; first with Aphogee 2 step (keratin) and then ORS hair mayo (collagen). My hair has improved some, but its still on the dry side.

This dryness is driving me up the wall :spinning: A little help please?

ceebee3

Try using a water based moisturizing leave in along with the setting lotion, if you don't want curls that last you can skip the setting lotion all together.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
The issue:

Ok so i'm recently relaxed again (3c/4a ear length). I DC 2x week with ORS replensishing and to set i put a little serum and very dilute settling lotion.
When its wet my hair feels wonderful (slippy almost mushy) but when its done its feels dry. Even when I put some creme hairdress.

Also the curls don't last more than 3 hrs. So I end up using S-curl, but of course that makes my hair 'wet'. Defeating the whole purpose of setting my hair.:spinning:

My attempt at a solution:

I'm thinking that my issues are elasticity and moisture retention, and that protein would help. I've been pree-pooing with protein last 2 washes; first with Aphogee 2 step (keratin) and then ORS hair mayo (collagen). My hair has improved some, but its still on the dry side.

This dryness is driving me up the wall :spinning: A little help please?

You need to use porosity control before and after you DC to make sure you are on balance. Since I been using this, I have no problems with porosity in my hair. Also make sure you do hardcore protein treatments every 6 to 8 weeks, and mild ones atleast 2 to 3 times a month. I bun baggie my hair 24/7 so I use portein once a week and moisture DC once a week with no problems. I been doing this for over a year and grew my hair from SL to glazing BSL.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
You need to use porosity control before and after you DC to make sure you are on balance. Since I been using this, I have no problems with porosity in my hair. Also make sure you do hardcore protein treatments every 6 to 8 weeks, and mild ones atleast 2 to 3 times a month. I bun baggie my hair 24/7 so I use portein once a week and moisture DC once a week with no problems. I been doing this for over a year and grew my hair from SL to glazing BSL.

That makes sense, open cuticles don't hold moisture well.

Any other rollerset experts care to share?

LatterGlory

I don't like direct or too much product esp. on my relaxed hair.

Had a problem retaining my curls from a roller set a few years back.;

Problem: too much heat via curling iron and bone straight relaxed ends.

Solution: eliminating direct heat , using small ( pink rollers )and texlaxing.

As far as moisture goes I use Vitamin E, Jojoba and avocado oils, which I apply after each wash/pre poo and I use Afro detangler on dry hair especially before bed ( dry roller sets) if I don't want weighed down hair.

Now my ends hold and keep the curl even if stretched and combed straight it just bounces back.

HTH