Rollersetters: Do you have to use a PIBBS????

achangedlife

I've been rollersetting for years and I've never owned a PIBB. I agree that it's all in the products you use and your rollersetting technique.

ScandalousBeauty

When I was relaxed, I used to rollerset only by airdrying. My curls always came out looking great. You can find pics in my Fotki in my siggy.

poookie

you definitely don't need a pibbs. i use a hot tools 1059 dryer. it works really well; gets my magnetic roller sets done in 45 minutes or less. has a good amount of airflow, but doesn't suck upwards like the pibbs does.

bought mine off of ebay for $120, including shipping.

and its purple, so i LOVE it!!!!

BlackHairDiva

You don't NEED a Pibbs. I use a Gold n Hot. I've had it for years and it works just fine. My hair is always dry in less than an hour.

I was thinking of purchasing myself that one. I have a Ion ionic portable head dryer. Last night, I did a roller set and my hair turned out Horrible ...I guess the thing overheated and stopped working. I unplugged it and set it aside...I was so heart broken

At around midnight, I decided to plug it back in and check if it worked. It was just like a Cinderella story...That thing WORKED ...I'm so relieved....sorry I had to vent. Bottom line, I plan to get a gold n hot ionic head dryer as well for back up...cause I have no back up.

Last edited:

Solitude

No. I used a Gold 'N Hot before mine broke. However, when I reach APL, I am treating treating myself to a Babybliss or a PIBBS for all of my hard work.

*KP*

I'm in the UK and can't get a Pibbs, I just bought an Aphrodite dryer

I *think* they may be the same though, they look similar and are both manufactured in Italy.

Aphrodite

Pibbs 514

deltagyrl

Nah.

Before I bought my Pibbs, I used a soft bonnet dryer (Carel, I think). I would also airdry.

Last edited: