ROLLERSETTING:Has Anyone Tried This Technique (pics)?

MizaniMami

Hey ladies, in a few weeks I will be heading into the wonderful world of rollersetting. I hope that I can rollerset about once per month. Anyways I caught this fotki from another forum.

It states after rollersetting, wrap the hair in saran ( yes SARAN LIKE FROM THE STORE LOL), sit under the dryer for 15 minutes and then take it down and the hair should be nice and silky. Anyone try it? Here are some pics and the link to the fotki:
http://public.fotki.com/peaysc/roller_wrap/pic_0007.html

http://public.fotki.com/peaysc/roller_wrap/pic_0009.html

Finished product (check out the fotki for more pics)
http://public.fotki.com/peaysc/roller_wrap/pic_0011.html

Here is the fotki link: http://public.fotki.com/peaysc/roller_wrap/

ETA: Okay, fotki is so whack, the pics aren't showing. feel free to check out the link (sorry for the lazy people, I hate it when that happends lol)

MizaniMami

OT:

But I'm sorry but, YOUR HAIR IS THE BIZZOMB!!!!!!!!! I am loving those new pics. Macherie you da woman!!!!

macherieamour

Thanks gurl! I need a trim (4 more weeks til touch up/trim:perplexed ) but its getting there. Iv e been conditioning my ass off.

Sistaslick

MizaniMami said:
OT:

But I'm sorry but, YOUR HAIR IS THE BIZZOMB!!!!!!!!! I am loving those new pics. Macherie you da woman!!!!

Goodness! I'm sayin! I know this thread is about something else-- but I scrolled down and lost my focus. :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

macherieamour

HHAHAHHA! Thanks guys, ive been trying to keep it bunned up for the past 8 weeks but when he was blowing it out, I was like WTF!?!??!? It looked so short, I was pissed. But I just took pics and it did grow a teeny bit:ohwell:

wadadligyal

Yeah I've lost focus on the thread also. Macherieamour your hair is absolutely gorgeous. You ladies are such an inspiration!!!!!!!

Hardwksister

Macherie your hair is beautiful. Yes i've tried the roller wrap. After you take your rollers out you then wrap your hair either left or right and then cover with saran wrap. Sit back under hooded dryer for may 10 to 15 minutes for me any longer i'd start to sweat and that defeats the purpose. Take your saran wrap off and wala straight bouncy hair. hth.

MizaniMami

lol, forget the original question!

Mach,
I saw you been bunning and DCing heavinly? What did you do on that pic? Did you rollerset and use the Keracare stuff?

MizaniMami

Hardwksister said:
Macherie your hair is beautiful. Yes i've tried the roller wrap. After you take your rollers out you then wrap your hair either left or right and then cover with saran wrap. Sit back under hooded dryer for may 10 to 15 minutes for me any longer i'd start to sweat and that defeats the purpose. Take your saran wrap off and wala straight bouncy hair. hth.

Maybe a dumb question but what IS the purpose of the saran wrap? To make it soft silky or all of the above?

I am getting so pumped to try it!

Did you add anything before you applied the saran wrap?

asubeauty

My stylist does this, too. She said that it is to relax some of the curl so it doesn't come out all puffy, but keeps body and some curl. (I hope you understand what I'm trying to say!)

I do it at home if I wash in the morning and need to be somewhere later that day. If I wash at nite, then I just wrap my rollerset and go to sleep.

macherieamour

Miz, here is the link

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=68846&highlight=saran+wrap

MizaniMami said:
lol, forget the original question!

Mach,
I saw you been bunning and DCing heavinly? What did you do on that pic? Did you rollerset and use the Keracare stuff?

Yeah, Ive keeping my hair up at much as possible, either in a pony or bun. Down 1 0r 2 days a week. I got it blow out by the same guy who did the first pic. He used their supply (it was Toppers Spa in Philadelphia). He did mention putting one of those expensive ACV rinse on my hair like Philip B or something before blowdrying to make it super shiny.

The only things I changed in my regimen were doing the hot steam towel pre-poo treatment, going back to Keracare exclusively and taking 1 oz of Wheatgrass daily.

Mizani_Mrs

UGH! MACHERIE...We sooooooo cannot be friends..... :p Just kidding, what an inspiration! I'm going to start back getting my hair rollerset often because you are proof that getting it done often, retains the ends and also leads to better fluidity and movement. love u girl!!!!

back OT: My stylist/friend does this to my sister's hair. It further straightens the hair, after a rollerset. Gives it a smooth sleek look instead of a curly look after a rollerset.

Hardwksister

Mizani - I think your hair would be beautiful with the technique. It relaxes the curl but leaves alot of bounce in your hair. Try it, i think you'll like.

macherieamour

ITA I think you will LOVE this. Rollersetting makes the hair soooo silky, it literally chnages the texture or your hair. And the ends stay protected and healthy. I know tons of people who have grown their hair by roller setting, blowing out the roots and wrapping. But i think the saran wrap treatment will make it extra silky and bouncy.

lexi08

macherieamour said:
ITA I think you will LOVE this. Rollersetting makes the hair soooo silky, it literally chnages the texture or your hair. And the ends stay protected and healthy. I know tons of people who have grown their hair by roller setting, blowing out the roots and wrapping. But i think the saran wrap treatment will make it extra silky and bouncy.

Your hair is so nice!!! I can rollerset my hair easily, but I have not mastered blowing out my roots. I have tried it a few times and my hair came out look like a HAM!!! I gave just gave up :ohwell:

blackbarbie

That is how my stylists does my hair when he sets it, except instead of saran wrap, he uses some other form of plastic bonnet and puts me back under for about 20 minutes and voila - my hair looks as if it has been flat ironed, is straight like i like it, and has had the benefits of a healthy (for me) roller wrap instead of direct heat. (that's how my hair was done in my siggy)

I usually use a scarf at home but I am going to try the saran wrap too! In the link, the lady mentioned mentioned using different color of rollers in the crown than in the other part of her hair. For those whose hair is almost or actually at one length, will you use all one color rollers to do this or different colors?

TIA,
BB:)

sherann

I got a relaxer 4 days ago and this is what my stylist did too. She says it gets rid of the poofiness at the roots without sacrificing body. And Macherieamour, your hair is beautiful!

RabiaElaine

Hmmm....I wonder how this would work for those of us that are texlaxed??? I usually use a flatiron after my rollerset if I'm wearing a sleek look. It would be great if this method could do that....

If someone has done this let me know.

MizaniMami

RabiaElaine said:
Hmmm....I wonder how this would work for those of us that are texlaxed??? I usually use a flatiron after my rollerset if I'm wearing a sleek look. It would be great if this method could do that....

If someone has done this let me know.

I am doing this next week. I will def. bump up this thread (with pics if the rollerset let's me) once I do this!