Rollersetting help...

Leslie_C

As u can see Im on a posting spree and obviously have no life...lol.

When rollersetting the hair, where do you place the roller clips so they dont flip flop around? Is it at the top of the roller or as close to the roots as possible? how do u avoid marks from the roller clips?

also, how do u use end wraps and what are they for? I bought a bunch of rollersetting supplies today. Red and purple rollers, roller clips, and end wraps.

Now all I have to do is figure this out bc Im so uncoordinated that all I can do is use the rollers with the snap on covers!

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Ok I am going to try to help. As for the roller clips I put them at the bottom, I use two for each roller one on each side. I wrap the end paper around my hair and then put the roller over the end paper.

I have pictures of my roller set in my album.

HTH

Nyambura

surfer girl
Leslie, I do as Raquel does and place the clips at the roots. Indentations are never a problem. I never use end papers. I just make sure my hair is sopping wet so the ends will slick (very important!) against the magnetic curlers. I used to use setting foam for my set but I've done just as well with L'Oreal Unfrizz Taming Creme. I hope that helps.

ps - Raquel I like that message above your avatar.

Isis

I agree with Nyambura, the hair needs to be sopping wet, otherwise there will be problems when rolling up the hair. End papers are not necessary with magnetic rollers.

melodee

CLips at the bottom. I just discovered that the double spring clips are oodles better than the plain ones that look like a pelican's beak. They hold much better.

Allandra

There's a thread here where Tracy and I explained in detail (along with some other members). I'll see if I can find it and bump it up.