rough ends

I have 4b fine hair. My ends will only straighten if I run a pressing comb through them or blow dry first and then flat iron. I have checked them and they aren't damaged, but they will not straighten with my maxi glide like the rest of my hair. I also lose so much hair during this process. I am natural. Could it be scab hair at the ends? Why is it so different then the rest of my hair. it does look good after pressing those ends (they aren't split). I'm worried about the damage though. I can't even begin to think about wearing my hair naturally. The shrinkage is out of control and air drying does not work. But I have to stay natural because relaxers thin my hair out. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

DivaRox

I have 4b fine hair. My ends will only straighten if I run a pressing comb through them or blow dry first and then flat iron. I have checked them and they aren't damaged, but they will not straighten with my maxi glide like the rest of my hair. I also lose so much hair during this process. I am natural. Could it be scab hair at the ends? Why is it so different then the rest of my hair. it does look good after pressing those ends (they aren't split). I'm worried about the damage though. I can't even begin to think about wearing my hair naturally. The shrinkage is out of control and air drying does not work. But I have to stay natural because relaxers thin my hair out. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Quick!! Throw some moisture on that hair. Start with a REAL moisturizing1 shampoo of your choice first, followed by moisture intensive deep conditioner. Moisturizing leave in, seal with oil. Try neutrogena Triple Moisture(NTM) shampoo, followed by NTM moisture masque, NTM leave in cream, light seal with oil of your choice( I personally prefer to seal with Endall). Put that pressing comb, blowdryer and flat iron down and try a twist or braid out style for a short while. (1Newly gleaned knowledge straight from Sistaslick-hey Sista:wave:) IT WORKS!!

Thanks for the advice. My hair shrinks and tangles when I wash it. I'm not down with the shrinkage but I could learn to live with that. The tangles and pulling out knots of hair is what I can't deal with. Shrinkage with knotted ends is not a good combo. thanks again.

DivaRox

Okay, so maybe you could try pooing, conditioning and applying your leave in all while your hair is plaited. Then let it air dry. That way you are decreasing your manipulation and saving steps and hair. Or try a product with lots of slip. The Organic root stimulator replensishing condish is good and also the Lekair cholesterol condish gives wonderful slip and softens hair.

Okay, so maybe you could try pooing, conditioning and applying your leave in all while your hair is plaited. Then let it air dry. That way you are decreasing your manipulation and saving steps and hair. Or try a product with lots of slip. The Organic root stimulator replensishing condish is good and also the Lekair cholesterol condish gives wonderful slip and softens hair.

Thanks. I use to do my whole regimen with my hair braided. But I wasn't wearing my hair. I was just covering it back up with a half wig. I forgot all about that. Thanks for the tip. It is definitely no to less manipulation.

mscocoface

This works for many of us naturals, particulary 4B. I would recommend all of your combing the major part of it in the shower when you are washing you hair.

Wash you hair in sections. Big braids and then wash the next sections. Conditioners are your friends. Are you shampooing or cowashing? I only use shampoo in a diluted form and that is about every 6-8 weeks.

Conditioners are what I use regularly to wash my hair.

Check out my site and some others to get some more ideas. Any questions please feel free to chat. I just sent out the same article twice today about using heating elements.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=138857

You really need to be careful with these and your hair.

Hope this helps.

This works for many of us naturals, particulary 4B. I would recommend all of your combing the major part of it in the shower when you are washing you hair.

Wash you hair in sections. Big braids and then wash the next sections. Conditioners are your friends. Are you shampooing or cowashing? I only use shampoo in a diluted form and that is about every 6-8 weeks.

Conditioners are what I use regularly to wash my hair.

Check out my site and some others to get some more ideas. Any questions please feel free to chat. I just sent out the same article twice today about using heating elements.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=138857

You really need to be careful with these and your hair.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the ideas.