Rough Ends...

NaeChail

Hey all!

I used search, but didn't find this issue specifically addressed :look:

SOOOO....anyone else's ends appear rough only when straightened??

I just trimmed for the Spring Equinox. And like, a day or so after, I decided to straighten my hair for an interview and it had been a minute since I had done so. But my ends looked HORRID!!!!:blush::blush: SO I (foolishly) upped my heat slighty an touched up my hair. Still had raggedy ends.:nono::nono::nono: So I just braided it in box braids. Idk why, but they are only that way when my hair is straight! I PS 24/7 normally, and pay specially attention to my ends. I baggy regularly as well as moisturizing daily, and I give my hair protein treatments 2x a month. I didn't see any splits or anything. NOW though, a week or so later, I'm noticing a bit of breakage. But none of it until I flat-ironed.

Any help? Advice? Similar stories?

southerncitygirl

as natural my ends can look this way but i find when i sit for a bit under the dryer its not much of an issue.....i usually do my twistouts before bed on wash day and i sit under the dryer at least an hr so i don't got to bed on really wet hair. my ends are smoother now. ceramides in your reggie may also help....i don't think your hair is damaged some hair types/texture don't do well with airdrying.

bumping for the op....................

carameldelight87

I wish I had an answer for you. I've noticed this problem when I straighten too. I have no idea what it is but I usually end up just trimming off as much of the roughness as possible. :sad:

MizzBrown

Yup,

Mine was a result of calcium buildup that I have already tried to get rid off but I've realized it has to be the water. No splits, or breakage..they just look rough in comparison to my other hair pics.

I may consider a water filter. Check your water OP.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Ceramides always smooth my strands out. I use hemp seed oil.

I'm relaxed though.

NaeChail

Yup,

Mine was a result of calcium buildup that I have already tried to get rid off but I've realized it has to be the water. No splits, or breakage..they just look rough in comparison to my other hair pics.

I may consider a water filter. Check your water OP.

That never even crossed my mind! Will check.... Thanks.

NaeChail

I wish I had an answer for you. I've noticed this problem when I straighten too. I have no idea what it is but I usually end up just trimming off as much of the roughness as possible. :sad:

Yeah that's what I was doing but I don't want to be trimming tons of hair each time I straighten.