Salerm vs. Lacio: Which is best for rollersetting/airdrying?

Which is better for airdrying, and which is better for rollersets?

• Lacio Lacio (w/o mink oil) is the best for rollersets

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Salerm 21 b5 is the best for rollersets

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Silicon Mix is the best for rollersets

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I use and love another leave in for my rollersets (please post!)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Lacio Lacio (w/o mink oil) is the best for airdrying

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Salmerm 21 b5 is the best for airdrying

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Silicon Mix is the best for airdrying

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I use and love another leave-in to airdry (please post)

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I've seen soooo many threads asking about which one is better of the two. I want EVERYONE to vote and answer in this thread, so we can get the definitive answer. Which one is better for rollersetting? Which one is better for airdrying? Also, please answer these questions:

Is you hair thin, medium or thick?-
Hair type?-
Are you relaxed, texlaxed or natural?-
Why do you love ____ and what do you use it for (rollersets or airdrying)-

Hopefully this will answer everyone's questions about these leave-ins :yep:

(I only included Lacio w/o mink oil because they no longer include the mink oil in the new batches. I only included Salerm 21 b5, because Salerm 21 is being discontinued)

Last edited:

Tarae

I prefer Lacio Lacio for rollersets and the Salerm when I airdry (which isn't often).
I don't plan on replacing either when they run out though.

poookie

i haven't tried lacio lacio yet, but i love salerm. it smells very pleasant. but nothing compares to the rollerset and air dry result i get from using a bit of leave-in conditioner and serum on each section... my hair comes out silky soft and really shiny!!

MA2010

Is you hair thin, medium or thick? Medium Hair

Hair type? 4B

Are you relaxed, texlaxed or natural? Texlaxed with relaxed ends

Why do you love ____ and what do you use it for (rollersets or airdrying): I love Lacio Lacio as a leave in for WET hair when airdrying. Salerm 21 works better for me on DRY hair as a leave in.

LABETT

Lacio Lacio is the best for rollersets and wraps.
I think Salerm 21 is better when airdrying the hair and it smells like perfume.
I have fine hair,relaxed and I will always keep these products in my stash.
I sometimes mix Silicon Mix leave in conditioner with Lacio Lacio and get great results.

tiffers

Okay, since I made this thread, I've tried all three :lol:

I love them all for their own unique reasons

Lacio- Very smooth and LIGHT rollerset results. Hair felt like a cloud

Salerm 21 b5- Very soft rollerset results. Good slip and moisture

Silicon Mix- Moisturized, smooth and soft rollerset results. This is my fave of the three

One time I mixed all three together for the perfect rollerset leave in and my hair came out fab! Light, smooth, shiny, bouncy, moisturized :lick:

Beautyangel

Okay, since I made this thread, I've tried all three :lol:

I love them all for their own unique reasons

Lacio- Very smooth and LIGHT rollerset results. Hair felt like a cloud

Salerm 21 b5- Very soft rollerset results. Good slip and moisture

Silicon Mix- Moisturized, smooth and soft rollerset results. This is my fave of the three

One time I mixed all three together for the perfect rollerset leave in and my hair came out fab! Light, smooth, shiny, bouncy, moisturized :lick:

:lick: What u said, Tiffers!

Angelicus

I've actually used all five formulations.

Salerm 21 and B5- I know leave-ins don't make your hair thick but when I used this for roller setting, my hair always seemed thicker, supple. I don't know why.

Lacio Lacio with and without Mink Oil- I used to sell this product and I have reason to believe that there is still mink oil in the bottles that say that they don't have mink oil. I think they took the mink oil out of the ingredient listing so that it could still be imported to the United States. You can PM me for more information about why Lacio Lacio and other companies started "lying" about their ingredients.

I actually used to love the product. I used it for 3 years. I think it made my hair straighter than Salerm. It's very comparable to Silicon Mix Leave-in Conditioner. It doesn't give me that supple feeling that Salerm gives though. SHINY!

Silicon Mix- This is what I use currently until I run out :lol: It feels like Lacio Lacio to me. Shiny and Beautiful hair! I mean... look at my avatar...

sunbubbles

Ok Ive heard of these products several times and Im a little confused. Are they just leave-in condishes or are they setting lotions?? And where can you buy them? :spinning:

tiffers

Ok Ive heard of these products several times and Im a little confused. Are they just leave-in condishes or are they setting lotions?? And where can you buy them? :spinning:
They're leave-in conditioners :yep: you can get them from www.beautyofnewyork.com VERY fast shipping, love them!