Salon Cielo in Arlington, Virginia

PrincessScorpion

Yesterday I went to Salon Cielo and I had a very good experience. I am 14 weeks post relaxer and transitioning. I have new growth that is truly unrulely. Ivy Rector was very gentle with my hair and she listen to everything I had to say about my hair good and bad. Once she looked at my hair I did not have to get as much cut off because of the breakage as I thought. The reason being I had not been using any heat. I was so happy when she finished my hair. I had no more matted roots. :yay:

They also do the Phyto relaxer in the salon. I have had the relaxer done there too and they do a very good job with that too.

There is a stylist name Carol Ferguson that does color that is out this world. I will tell you she is white and she does black hair very good. She also does the Phyto relaxer.

So if you are ever in the area this salon will be worth a stop. :dance7:

madamdot

Where is this salon. I live in Crystal City and work in DC and may be in the market for a new person.

I'm also thinking of switching to Phyto. My stylist seemed resistant when I told him about it, though he told me to bring him some literature. He is also a little rough with my hair.

Thanks

MissB

Salon Cielo is a nice salon. I have purchased Design Essentials and Phyto products there in the past.

Naijaqueen

Prince3 said:
Yesterday I went to Salon Cielo and I had a very good experience. I am 14 weeks post relaxer and transitioning. I have new growth that is truly unrulely. Ivy Rector was very gentle with my hair and she listen to everything I had to say about my hair good and bad. Once she looked at my hair I did not have to get as much cut off because of the breakage as I thought. The reason being I had not been using any heat. I was so happy when she finished my hair. I had no more matted roots. :yay:

They also do the Phyto relaxer in the salon. I have had the relaxer done there too and they do a very good job with that too.

There is a stylist name Carol Ferguson that does color that is out this world. I will tell you she is white and she does black hair very good. She also does the Phyto relaxer.

So if you are ever in the area this salon will be worth a stop. :dance7:

Thanks so much for this, do they sell theirs there, I'm in Alexandria when I'm in the area, so its good to know. What kind of salon is it?
What did u get done and how much do they charge? I'll be in the area in a week, and would like to get my hair washed.

MissB

This is not a Dominican Salon. It is a Salon and Spa. They have another location at the Galeria at Tysons II. It is owned by Ratner and Company. I believe they also own Bubbles. But, Salon Cielo is more upscale.

PrincessScorpion

I got a wash, set, and cut. The cost was $50 which I had no problems paying because I did not have to wait forever and everything was done in a very professional manner. I have my share of horror stories that I have experienced in Atlanta that I was very pleased with my hair, the service, and the stylist. I would have no problem giving Ivy and/or Carol my money again.

madamdot

I've been meaning to comment a few weeks ago when I went to get a relaxer.
THANKS FOR RECOMMENDING THIS SALON!!!!!!! More importantly, thanks for recommending Ivy. She was terrific. I mean GREAT! It was more than a salon visit, it was a consultation. She was extremely gentle and we talked a lot about my hair type, what it needed, what I wanted and how to achieve it.

I got a phyto-relaxer... first time ever... but it may be the best thing I ever did for my hair, specifically since I have fine hair. She gave me a great trim... just the lightest of dusting really. I was extremely satisfied and will definitely be going back.

madamdot

I dont know if they can do natural. I would call and ask Ivy since she has her hair natural.... well she has dreads-like extentions.

Good luck

jaiku

I went to Ivy a while ago and I'm natural. It cost me $80 for a flat iron and trim .It looked a H.A.M. She used a CHI. I get better results with my maxiglide. She was gentle and I also got a good trim but I looked liked Chaka Khan having a bad hair day. I think she does better work with relaxed hair.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I've been wanting to visit this salon for years. I'm particularly thrilled that they don't seem to push relaxers, and I'm stretching for 6 months and currently 1/2 way there! :yep: