Salon in Chicago...

God's Anointed

Does anyone know of any good hair salons in upper Chicago? I live there and i wanted to know if anyone knows of a really good and decent priced salon. BTW, i'm in zip code 60640

camellia

I don't go to salons but my sister who has relaxed hair really likes an Egyptian salon in Chicago. I believe it's called Osama's. I'll ask her. They do a great job on her hair.

lalalauren

I will say that Osama's will leave your hair with incredible bounce, however they use SO MUCH heat to achieve this that eventually your hair will pay for it. I'm talking billows of smoke from heat concentrated on one section for at least 2 minutes, and then they blowdry the length together. The results are gorgeous though. I live in the Suburbs, but I would suggest the Vidal Sassoon Salon on Michigan Avenue. My friend (a natural) went there and they did an excellent job with minimal heat.

God's Anointed

lalalauren said:
I will say that Osama's will leave your hair with incredible bounce, however they use SO MUCH heat to achieve this that eventually your hair will pay for it. I'm talking billows of smoke from heat concentrated on one section for at least 2 minutes, and then they blowdry the length together. The results are gorgeous though. I live in the Suburbs, but I would suggest the Vidal Sassoon Salon on Michigan Avenue. My friend (a natural) went there and they did an excellent job with minimal heat.

Minimal heat is always great! Anyway, exactly where on Michigan is this salon? About how much will it cost to get a relaxer? Thanks in advance for the response!

Mocha5

I would suggest Gossip in Oak Park on Madison. They are pricey though but will take excellent care of your hair. Whenever I'm in the Chi, I go there. Very warm people.

Amarech

i don't go to salons but my sister who has relaxed hair really likes an Egyptian salon in Chicago. I believe it's called Osama's.

Wow what a small world. My sister went to that salon 4 times. The first 3 times her hair looked GREAT!!! Absolutely beautiful. This last time I was really mad at them. I don't know the name of the stylist but he cut my sister's beautiful BSL hair into all of these crazy layers!!! When I finally got into her hair some layers were just below her ear while others were shoulder length. Then she has this huge nape section that's still BSL.

I suppose I can't really blame him. My mom went with my sister and I think she told him to do something along those lines. But layers require upkeep and my sister isn't the one to be goin to the salon every 3 weeks. And now she feels bad because she wants her hair back and looking like my youngest sister. My youngest sister has a MANE of looong just under BSL hair. All one length and in great condition.

I ended up "trimming" my sister's hair to blend the layers a tad better. Her hair is growing back, slowly but surely.

I didn't bring all this up to discourage you from going, but I was surprised to see someone else here on this board knew about the salon. Each time except for this last time, they did a good job. Just be sure about what you want.

I have the addresses for the Egyptian salon as well as Honey Child's. PM me if you need to:)

NantanYah

camellia said:
I don't go to salons but my sister who has relaxed hair really likes an Egyptian salon in Chicago. I believe it's called Osama's. I'll ask her. They do a great job on her hair.

My sister goes there(relaxed APL).... Excellent Job:up:

I just talked to my sister she says they don't keep her hair healthy but she goes there because it's the only place she is familiar with.... go figure

Last edited:

camellia

Wow, it really is a small world.:lol: So many ladies like Osamas!

My sister's hair is waist length, 3A/B relaxed. I talked to her this morning and she says they do use a LOT of heat but I guess her hair can handle it.:ohwell: It's very shiny and bouncy, it never looks flat.

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
I'll be saving this link because I think I'd like to start going to a salon ever now and then. When I read about Honey Child's I was pretty excited. And now that I'm in the loop on a daily basis I might try it out. I also want to try the Aveda school too.

camellia said:
Wow, it really is a small world.:lol: So many ladies like Osamas!
They're a chain and have a few locations. We don't have too many Dominican salons, but there seem to be a few chains of Egyptian salons. There's a chain called Meena's in the suburbs too.