Sanctification is not a choice

LucieLoo12

Santification and purification has been on my heart lately. The Holy Ghost has been ministering to me, showing me that santification our of our hearts and lives is not a choice, but a commandment. Before we leave this earth we must be cleansed and made pure and this comes by obeying the word of God.

John 17:16
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

Santification is not something that happens magically but it comes through the suffering of our flesh...

1 Peter 4:1
Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

I know some people refer to some churches as "sanctified church" because they dance or shout and play fast music, but true santification a working of the Holy Spirit of the heart. Sanctified means to be cleanse and set apart for a particular work, to be made pure.

1 Peter 1:15
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

1John 3:2-3
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Sanctification is the same Greek word as holiness, “hagios,” meaning a separation. I know alot of preachers make us feel like God will just accept anything from else, but God is requiring Holiness. A life that is seperated for the use of God. I know that we may desire to have good jobs, or children or marriage, but our main focus has to be our santification unto God. Not just having the right words or the right shouting moves in church, but to be purified in our hearts. Some people may just be content with long skirts and the big church hats, but through all that, our hearts must be pure. I know we leave church every week excited, but has a change occurred in our hearts? Do we see ourselves drawing closer to God? Are we killing those fleshly things that are not like God? Time out for being excited and stirred up, but are we being changed into the image of Christ?

I've been examining myself like never before.I can't deceive myself. I am not judging myself from the words of men, but I have to judge myself by the word of God.It doesn't matter how "good" I feel, is my life lined up with the word of God? People get content with being head usher or worship leader, or an evangelist, but is our hearts clean before God. The bible says in every great house their is vessels or honor and dishonor, so we can be in the house of God and still be a vessel of dishonor. We can lead a song in church and people fall out and we can still be a vessel of dishonor. You can lay hands on the sick and they be healed and still be a vessel of dishonor. Let's not be fooled by the miracles and wonders or the praises of men, but let begin to be sanctified. Truly seperated from the world. A people that has nothing in common with the world. A people that hates sin and anything that's not like God. We can't let our emotions deceive us. The anointing is not loud music or a shout, but it's the Spirit of God that breaks yokes of bondages in our hearts.

Joel 2:13
And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord your God:

LifeafterLHCF

This is very dope to read and to digest. This is very important matter that must be taken fully. Many like you said are content with the title of certain things we have to desire more and to really work at it. It's something we aren't to beat ourselves up but in the same breathe check ourselves as well...love to see other comments.

CoilyFields

Woman of GOD! You are so right!

This is why we have so many problems winning souls to Christ. The world sees our actions OUTSIDE the church and call us hypocrites. Not saying that we will never do anything wrong but many of us ignore LIVING the word in our daily lives instead believing that a shout and a good feeling after church is where it ends. When you lead a sanctified life...you WILL bear spiritual fruit. And God has outlined what that fruit is...and it ain't an anointed singing voice or a full house on Sundays. The Bible even tells us that the gifts come without repentance so they are not indicative of sanctification.

LucieLoo12

Thanks ladies for all your responses. All Glory goes to God, He put this in my spirit.

This post was not to attack anyone, but let the body of Christ examine ourselves, including me. That we don't serve God off of emotion but truth and the word of God.

sidney

It's an intimidating process, but we will get there...we lay down our lives daily...it's a daily process but we will get there, by faith. Powerful word!

sidney

...Create in me a clean heart and purify me! Cast me not away from thy presence! Please don't take your spirit from me. And restore the joy of salvation! So that I may worship thee!