"Scab Hair": Did u have it? If so, read on...

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Re: \"Scab Hair\": Did u have it? If so, read on...

[ QUOTE ]
DSD, ur daughter is truly a precious sight... that lil pose of hers makes her look soooo adorable

Her hair is really pretty with those curls...

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Peachtree! She poses in almost every picture.

inthepink

Peachtree,

I think I have between 3 inches and 3.5 inches. It's hard to tell. When I got my last relaxer on March 15, I could not determine any new growth for over a month. I don't know if that means my hair didn't grow at all for a whole more or if the texture came in really straight or something. I feel like only having a little over 3 inches of new growth since March 15th is pretty low esp considering how much new growth I've been attaining once I finally did detect new growth. Mostly, I've been judging it by the short broken off pieces thinking that is the line of demarcation where it broke...meaning any hair after that is new growth. And those hairs are 3-3.5 inches.
(there goes my long windedness!)

Peachtree

U know HairLove, I believe we're both past the "scab hair" phase (if we even had it).... *I have about 3" * so that's re-assuring that our hair is only gonna get softer, more manageable from here on out
!!!

Peachtree

Judging from that cute lil spiral on her forhead... it looks like it stretches to the tip of her nose.... wow, if that's the case, then she has to be at waist length ... maybe
. I'll see if I can find sum straight hair pics... yeah, then I can post it on the right side of the curly pic

Karonica

She looks like she could have waist hair. Man, I wish I had ringlets like that.

CICI24

Yeah, her hair is waist length she actually had her hair straightened on one episode earlier this year.

CICI

inthepink

Peachtree,

I think I'm past the scab hair phase, too. If anything, maybe I had it when I was at 1/2 inch of new growth b/c my new growth has gotten easier to deal with as time goes on!

Karonica

Crap. I've got a while to wait before I know. My last perm (although it didn't take much) was in June. I wish I had started this earlier.

Peachtree

I wish I would have began transitioning earlier also... Oh well, better late than never...

CaramelKiss

Peachtree-

I have four inches of some type of rebellious hair on the ver bottom of the left side of my nape. It is currently, 4 inches long, keep in mind, I've already removed several inches of this hair. I am tempted to just cut this sucker off clean. I had this problem on the other side of my nape several years ago and I shaved it several months ago with my husbands clippers, well that hair is now 3 inches of soft, silky hair. I am hoping that if I do this to my left side, I will get the same result.

But as for scab hair, I totally believe that there are some who do get it.

Peachtree

CKiss, thanks for ur input luv

BTW, hey u... stay away from clippers, scissors, u know, anything sharp

Spagirl

About 4 months ago I did a bad thing. I relaxed my girls front hairline along with their bang. The bangs I continue to relax but the other part I haven't and the hair has become dry and brittle and kinkier than before. In just this 1 time relaxer experiment I can see the difference and it was only 4 months ago so I never got used to it being relaxed. I hope and pray that the edges will get back like the never relaxed hair (the bulk of their hair) really soon. I know I deserve a
for this. I only posted this to help others to understand this scab or whatever you want to call it hair exists.

CaramelKiss

[ QUOTE ]
CKiss, thanks for ur input luv

BTW, hey u... stay away from clippers, scissors, u know, anything sharp

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL- girl, I've put the scissors away!!! No more for this year!!! I"ll be good!!! I am all through with being scissor happy with my hair!!! Looking forward to the growing out phase- NOT!! I know that's going to hurt. I'm so glad I found this board!!!

ajoyfuljoy

Re: "Scab Hair": Did u have it? If so, read on...

This makes a lot of sense, I'd love to grow my natural hair out and see what it looks like after the scab process is over.

RedVelvet310

I *think* I had scab hair after I BC-ed... thats what I termed it anyway. My hair was mostly 4a with some 3c curlies... but at the temples of my hair it was just... dry and tough with NO uniform curl pattern. But through babying (pre-pooing, cw-ing, dc-ing and sealing) my hair the sides of my hair are hydrated 4a curls =).

oldcrayons

I *think* I had scab hair after I BC-ed... thats what I termed it anyway. My hair was mostly 4a with some 3c curlies... but at the temples of my hair it was just... dry and tough with NO uniform curl pattern. But through babying (pre-pooing, cw-ing, dc-ing and sealing) my hair the sides of my hair are hydrated 4a curls =).

Bri, I am having the same problem currently. It's a big chunk of my hairline and a little bit past it. I noticed it when I BC'd. This area looks like taco meat, it's dry and rough, and will not take any product. But this week I started noticing that my widow's peak is now 3c and curling like the rest of my head. And now this new area stretches from my widows peak to a bit to the left side of my hairline. It is quite strange. It seems like some of my hair is transforming from taco meat to the texture everything else is. I am assuming that this is scab hair... Unfortunately, it looks like my temples has the worse of it and the back of my head. These were the areas that felt like my head was on fire when I had a relaxer, so I am assuming it's very damaged underneath... and I used to literally get scabs on my head from the relaxer so I am positive this is the result. I hope the rest of my head transforms to the 3c. It seems like slowly, but surely the dry patchy areas are starting to curl up... but I still got a long road a head of me. I will most likely have to give myself a big trim once I reach SL to get rid of the nasty texture.