Scalp discomfort ?????????

hada7

I am experiencing some scalp tenderness on the crown of my head. It hurts when I apply slight pressure to it. Now I did do my hair last saturday , a wash, condition, and press, but usually after that the "worked scalp" is better after a while. But this entire month, I have been experiencing this discomfort. What could this be?? I am not doing much to it except the press every Sat. I am trying that Mr. John (?) routine which is working for me, I am losing very little hair. I keep the ends moist with castor oil every night and wrap with a satin scarf.

I don't have much itching or dandruff the scalp looks good.
I did however get back to my Shikakai scalp wash. I gently massage every night with rosemary/sage in olive oil also.
hada

sweetcocoa

It might be the rosemary. How much are you using? Also it might be the combination of the rosemary and sage(too much??) I had a sore scalp when I used too much rosemary. I've learned to cut back on how much I use. Give yourself a rest from it for a couple of days and see if your scalp feels better. When it does feel better, try again..maybe with less of the rosemary and sage...or not every night.

serena

I experience a similar sensation if I've had hairpins, combs, slides etc. pressing against my scalp, or if I've had my hair too tightly confined on my crown by a ponytail holder etc. Could it possibly be any of these in your case, do you think?

hada7

Hmmmmm,

I'd have to rule out the hair accesories as aproblem. But it is possible that it could be thr Rosemary, I'll check it out. When I apply it at night I don't use much but I will use it maybe every other night to see if it cuts back.

My mom gets this sometimes but without the Rosemary and hair accessories.

Thanks...I will cut back on it.

hada