17 wk stretch... I can't get my scalp clean

isawstars

I have 2 inches of 3c new growth. I shampoo with a shampoo bar every wednesday night and co wash every Sunday night. And I never oil my scalp. I use S-curl almost every night for braidouts.

For some reason, my scalp never feels clean. I always part my hair multiple places to ensure water reaches my scalp, and i rub/massage my exposed scalp while I run water over it. When my hair is dry I look at my scalp and newgrowth... I still see oil on it, and sometimes bits of white flakes (conditioner?). Is that oil accumulating sebum?

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
I don't know because I ACV every time I use my shampoo bars, so build up is never a problem for me.

JJamiah

Just did this yesterday, I used Paul Mitchel Tea Tree Shampoo with baking SOda and My hair is SO Soft and definitely clean!

isawstars

Sounds like you've got a bit of build up. When was the last time you clarified?

I clarified last month with suave's clarifying shampoo. I guess instead of cowashing tonight, I'll use the carifying shampoo tonight and DC. Thanks ladies, I'll give an update when it dries.

lilmsjanet

i always put 1 teaspoon of BS in a water bottle shake it up and spray it on my scalp and it makes my scalp super clean.