Scalp flareup

jazzyfunknastee

I have no idea what caused it but I have some nasty dandruff. I have a dry scalp and usually it flakes but it's tiny little flakes. This time it's those huge flakes that just fly everywhere when you comb or scratch. I wash once week, use CPR, Smooth and Sleek and CON. After that I use Sulfur 8 on my scalp (stops the itches) and Profectiv Break-Free. I haven't done anything different last week except not do a hot olive oil treatment. Do you think this caused it or is it the natural shedding of dead skin cells off the scalp? I mean, it's embarrasing because it's all over my clothing.

mirrormirror

You might want to try a dandruff shampoo. Denorex shampoo is really good and it isn't harsh at all, its actually gentle and removes scalp build-up. It also contains sulfur.
Or....it also might be from oiling you scalp. Because you probably have major build-up on your scalp. Cause I know when I use to oil my scalp I would get major flakes and dry scalp. And since I stopped oiling my scalp, the dryness and flaking stopped.