Scalp Scrubber

alanaturelle

How do we feel about scalp scrubber? I already have the massager which I love; I want to get the scrubber to use while clarifying my hair but I'm nervous that it might tangle my hair. Do y'all use it and do you like/love it? Here is one: hair scrubber

awhyley

Aren's a scalp massage brush and hair scrubber the same thing?

I thought the same, but apparently, a scalp scrubber has thinner bristles (for exfoliation purposes).
It's all very confusing though because they use Scalp Massager/Scrubber/Hair Brush interchangeably, but it's all about the bristles.

eta: Here's one.
Manta.jpg

Last edited:

snoop

I have one similar to the green one in the first picture, but the ends are more sharp. I consider this my scalp scrubber. The silicon is more dense and downy doesn't really flex.

I have another one that looks like the first picture. The teeth are rounded with some flex. It is battery operated and it vibrates. You can use it in the shower but I use it dry. This is my massager.

So while they look almost the same, they feel different. I don't use my scrubber often. It doesn't tangle my 4c hair, but I suspect that I end up with breakage when I use it. Coincidentally, I also seem to use only use it at the time of year when I she'd the most so I can't say this for certain. I've used it on my children (looser hair texture) without issue, so it could be in my head.

My massager on the other hand, I use more often and without issue.

Dare~to~Dream

I have used several scalp massagers/scalp scrubbers over the years. I have two in my arsenal now: the battery operated one from Vanity Planet and the Scalp Clearing Massager from Sienna Naturals that does not run by battery. I prefer the latter because it is silicone and I am not sure what kind of plastic the Vanity Planet has but I didn't like it as much. There was just a vibrating motion with the Vanity planet one not an actual massage with moving bristles to stimulate the scalp so I didn't really get much out of it. I always saw hair in between the bristles when I finished too so that was a no-no and the reason why I never used it during shampoo. The Sienna Naturals scalp clearing massager never has any of hair strands in it whether I am using it to massage a dry scalp, oiled scalp or during my shampoo. My favorite way to use it is after I have applied my shamooo to really get to my scalp. I got it for free when I was buying and using their products but I would get one at full price if I needed to or buy a similar one if I want to try another brand.

Last edited:

msbettyboop

I thought the same, but apparently, a scalp scrubber has thinner bristles (for exfoliation purposes).
It's all very confusing though because they use Scalp Massager/Scrubber/Hair Brush interchangeably, but it's all about the bristles.

eta: Here's one.
View attachment 494643
Thanks for that. I was legit confused especially because the link above used all the words :laugh: