Scalp Soreness????

I get patches of scalp soreness (an achy sort of feeling) right around the crown area and also along the front hair line.

Does anyone else experience this?

Does it cause any major problems (Example shedding)?

What do you do to remedy the issue?

Last edited:

locabouthair

I only get scalp soreness when it's near relaxer time, when I get lots of new growth. It usually goes away when I get a relaxer. So I dont stress over it.

your hair is very full :)

I only get scalp soreness when it's near relaxer time, when I get lots of new growth. It usually goes away when I get a relaxer. So I dont stress over it.

Thanks! :grin:

I actually put fullness before growth :yep:

But it isnt it weird though, that this happens? It sort of concerns me.

BlondeByDesire

Yes, I can relate. Mine is usually related to dry scalp/patches and it becomes very sore - nape and crown area. I'm trying to find a rememdy for mine that works.

Creatividual

You are not alone, I experience this too! Unless your raking through your scalp like a mad woman, it's possible you could attribute your itchy and/or sore scalp to your hair growing! If it's getting dry try doing some scalp massages with jojoba oil or any oil of your choice. My favs are EVOO and Coconut oil. Happy Hair Growing!:grin:

1QTPie

Elder Sim
Anyone without chemicals in their hair get sore scalp? I used to have a sore scalp when i went a loooong time without a relaxer.

Prose Princess

My scalp still gets sore in the crown from time to time. It's not as bad anymore, now that my hair is growing back up there though and I keep it VERY well moisturized all the time. I just try not to manipulate it too much cuz I'm afraid it'll break off or shed. It's weird.

HeChangedMyName

yep, :yep: me too. That is usually how I know it's relaxer time

Thanks! :grin:

I actually put fullness before growth :yep:

But it isnt it weird though, that this happens? It sort of concerns me.

What are you doing to get your hair so full? It's beautiful.

Chrissmiss

I have a really intense feeling of scalp soreness at the site of my tricholomania ive learned to live with it and fight the urge to pull and scratch. This is a diffrent kind of soreness than the type I feel when i have rollers in my hair for a while. I guess for me it is a serious problem cause it gives me the urge to pull stands out thus causing a bald spot. :-( But the area is growing in nicely now. :)

poookie

i have this, mostly because i use bobby pins on a daily basis. no shedding... in fact, because of the constant scalp manipulation, it feels as if my new growth has been coming in faster in those places.

empressri

my scalp gets sore if im doing too much to my hair. my theory is im tugging at the roots and whatnot on my scalp and it's not used to being manipulated more than once a week (not anything crazy at least) so if i have to detangle more than once weekly, forget it! my head gets so sore and so tender.

but i got some qhemet tea tree and grapeseed pomade and it worked like a charm! my scalp was instantly soothed.

i think the change of weather too, your hair starts shedding more and whatnot, i notice my scalp getting funky

2themax

Anyone without chemicals in their hair get sore scalp? I used to have a sore scalp when i went a loooong time without a relaxer.

I haven't used chemicals in over 10 years. I always usually get a sore scalp and "sometimes" the headaches when I use growth aides. The soreness and tenderness is always at my front harline & sometimes at the temples, but sometimes throughout my scalp - but mainly wherever I used the growth aides. A day or two later, I always notice new hairs that have grown in....Unfortunately, they are usually gray:lachen:so I henna & use shea butter and they go away until the next episode.