Scissor Happy Stylists!!

girlyprincess23

Why oh why are so many stylists scissor happy!!. I just saw what happened to a board member, a stylist made her BSL hair above APL!!!! Why aare they, jealous, incompetent, or what? I made a vow after seeing that....no more stylists will be allow to wield scissors in my hair. All these years...yo u HAVE to have a trim with EVERY Relaxer....yeah right..HATERS!!!!:wallbash:, id be waist length right now if it weren't for incompetence!!

Namilani

I don't why they are such haters, but they have me getting ready to catch some charges!!! And even if they did trim every relaxer, TWO INCHES is NEVER a trim-- it's a cut! So considering last Friday that that cow didn't even cut the top of my hair let me know she was merely trying to attack my length and not trim for health purposes. She'll get the point when I don't come back... Well, I might, but it isn't gonna be to get my hair done :wallbash:.

favorc

U can't pay me or offer me free hair care. I will never go to a salon again! It bothers me to read stuff like this because I began to have flashbacks and my eye starts to twitch.:spinning:

freshlikemoi

Great question! My stylist got scissor happy on my BSL weave and now it's SL! I cried and it was a weave..(180 for some hair you'd cry too) but it just goes to show how they trip out when they see long hair, and get all crazy!!! :wallbash:

SmartyPants

I don't why they are such haters, but they have me getting ready to catch some charges!!! And even if they did trim every relaxer, TWO INCHES is NEVER a trim-- it's a cut! So considering last Friday that that cow didn't even cut the top of my hair let me know she was merely trying to attack my length and not trim for health purposes. She'll get the point when I don't come back... Well, I might, but it isn't gonna be to get my hair done :wallbash:.

OT...

Do you play the sims and post on The Sims Resource?

Energist

Yeah, this is why it's important to be as alert as possible especially if they start conversating. I have made sure to stop whatever they are doing when they picked up the scissor in the past and showed them with my hand just how much I was expecting to have trimmed.

My BF thinks I'm crazy when I tell him how these hair stylists are HATERS.They are Scissor-Happy Haters!When I officially joined LHCF,I hadn't had a relaxer in 9 1/12 months.I knew how to care for my ends because I was a LCHF browser for a while,so my ends were fine.I had decided to go to the salon for a relaxer because I wanted it to be perfect.After the relaxer I saw that I was APL and I was so happy.I told this "cow" to "trim" my ends and she took off mad inches!I was so MADDDD! :angry2::angry2:By the time she was done,I was just below shoulder length:sad:.I never went back to her or any other stylist.

girlyprincess23

My BF thinks I'm crazy when I tell him how these hair stylists are HATERS.They are Scissor-Happy Haters!When I officially joined LHCF,I hadn't had a relaxer in 9 1/12 months.I knew how to care for my ends because I was a LCHF browser for a while,so my ends were fine.I had decided to go to the salon for a relaxer because I wanted it to be perfect.After the relaxer I saw that I was APL and I was so happy.I told this "cow" to "trim" my ends and she took off mad inches!I was so MADDDD! :angry2::angry2:By the time she was done,I was just below shoulder length:sad:.I never went back to her or any other stylist.

OMG!!!! 9.5 months of growth and she chopped it!!!! I would've tried to beat her with her chair!!!!

girlyprincess23

Yeah, this is why it's important to be as alert as possible especially if they start conversating. I have made sure to stop whatever they are doing when they picked up the scissor in the past and showed them with my hand just how much I was expecting to have trimmed.

But the thing is is you'll show them and because your turned from the mirror YOU CANT SEE!!! and then after it's chopped what can you do?? Glue it back on? CAnt do nothing but be mad at yourself!!

girlyprincess23

LOL!!! I tell ya haters haters haters, they're out of control. I will never ever let ANY stylist put ANY scissors to my head. Im not even letting them texlax it, unless I get enough money to go to Whimsy's stylist in the city...her texlax was of the chain!!

Blossssom

Why oh why are so many stylists scissor happy!!. I just saw what happened to a board member, a stylist made her BSL hair above APL!!!! Why aare they, jealous, incompetent, or what? I made a vow after seeing that....no more stylists will be allow to wield scissors in my hair. All these years...yo u HAVE to have a trim with EVERY Relaxer....yeah right..HATERS!!!!:wallbash:, id be waist length right now if it weren't for incompetence!!

Girl, I couldn't have said it any better!

I haven't had a trim this YEAR and with the 3-4 month stretches, I am well on my way to waist-length WITH width. Plenty of that!

These people will cut ALL your hair off if you let them.

Blossssom

U can't pay me or offer me free hair care. I will never go to a salon again! It bothers me to read stuff like this because I began to have flashbacks and my eye starts to twitch.:spinning:

LOL! Okay! I do believe I will learn how to trim my own hair because I don't trust anybody to do it.

Maybe a non-black person with HAIR... maybe.

Blossssom

They would have had to call the coroner that day... somebody would have been dead up in that there place!

I'm so sorry that happened to you... no one is cutting my hair! Get cut!

blackbarbie

But the thing is is you'll show them and because your turned from the mirror YOU CANT SEE!!! and then after it's chopped what can you do?? Glue it back on? CAnt do nothing but be mad at yourself!!

That's where you tell them in plain and specific terms that if they MUST turn you away from the mirror, to please give you that big hand mirror they all have so you can see what's going on. If they give you a look like :spinning:, then that's your cue that they are going to try to do what "they" want to do and not what "you" want to do.

Before getting a trim, I always tell the stylist what I want trimmed and then ask them, based on their professional assessment and how much damage I have to my ends, how much THEY think I need trimmed. I know some people are not realistic when their hair is jacked up (like if your hair really needs about 3 or 4 inches trimmed and you want 1/2 inch trimmed) but for the most part, I think most of the ladies here will be honest with themselves and get it done. But to just let the stylist hack off 3 or 4 inches when it doesn't warrant it is insane. (for the stylist, not us!)

Last edited:

stinastina

I don't what the deal is but I know I am always scurred to get a trim. I have had my hair chopped off TOO many times to count !

Blossssom

Give the stylist the comb and show him/her how much you want cut off, regardless of the condition.

If you need more cut off due to breakage and uneven-ness, it can be corrected over time on a GRADUAL basis.

No way should anyone with long hair who only wants 1/2 trimmed and leave there looking like Star Jones.

Blossssom

I don't what the deal is but I know I am always scurred to get a trim. I have had my hair chopped off TOO many times to count !

Yea, they will get you... you ain't been got until you leave a shop in tears because you had to leave your hair behind.

Even with my 4 months post-relaxer hair, I know it's some of the prettiest hair anyone has ever seen and ever is likely :)

blackbarbie

Give the stylist the comb and show him/her how much you want cut off, regardless of the condition.

If you need more cut off due to breakage and uneven-ness, it can be corrected over time on a GRADUAL basis.

No way should anyone with long hair who only wants 1/2 trimmed and leave there looking like Star Jones.

You talking about the "new" Star Jones not the old one right?:grin:

girlyprincess23

I just don't understand the theory behind hating!!! There's enough scalp to grow hair to go around!!! You don't need to chop of hair or ridicule people!!! Geez I wish every person would just realize that!!

Desert Skye

Oh no let me tell you this story. Before when I was 13 I used to go to this salon that was so unprofessional only because it was the only "black" hair salon in my town. Anyway I wanted to get a touch up and as usual the stylist will always insist you need a trim after every touch-up. Me being 13, who am I to tell a grown professional I dont want to.

So then after I was rinsed it was time for a trim. I was facing the wall this time and she said " I am going to have my apprentice trim you hair. Is that alright with you sweetie?" Of course I said ok. So the "apprentice" started from the back and the stylist instructed her on where to cut. When finally it came to trim my front part, I realized that the apprentice had a cast on - she has a broken left arm!:wallbash: I was shaking at this point because I knew this wasnt right, but I was too scared to say anything. Well the stylist then had to curl my ends, but later I found out this was her trying to hide the mistakes the other girl made. My hair was all uneven and my mom eventually had to try to even it up.

girlyprincess23

Oh no let me tell you this story. Before when I was 13 I used to go to this salon that was so unprofessional only because it was the only "black" hair salon in my town. Anyway I wanted to get a touch up and as usual the stylist will always insist you need a trim after every touch-up. Me being 13, who am I to tell a grown professional I dont want to.

So then after I was rinsed it was time for a trim. I was facing the wall this time and she said " I am going to have my apprentice trim you hair. Is that alright with you sweetie?" Of course I said ok. So the "apprentice" started from the back and the stylist instructed her on where to cut. When finally it came to trim my front part, I realized that the apprentice had a cast on - she has a broken left arm!:wallbash: I was shaking at this point because I knew this wasnt right, but I was too scared to say anything. Well the stylist then had to curl my ends, but later I found out this was her trying to hide the mistakes the other girl made. My hair was all uneven and my mom eventually had to try to even it up.

that's a HOT mess. im doing my daughter's hair myself!!! I keep thinking does she need a trim (she has 3a/3b hair so i can't tell there's no 3c or 4 so i dont know!!!) cuz it tangles at the end. but im like ill take her to a salon and her waistlength hair will be ear length!!! nah nah nah, ill just trim it myself if i think i should!!

Desert Skye

that's a HOT mess. im doing my daughter's hair myself!!! I keep thinking does she need a trim (she has 3a/3b hair so i can't tell there's no 3c or 4 so i dont know!!!) cuz it tangles at the end. but im like ill take her to a salon and her waistlength hair will be ear length!!! nah nah nah, ill just trim it myself if i think i should!!

Oh it was crazy! And of course my mom is no stylist so the cut she did wasnt all that. I just remember everyone at school asking why I cut my hair and telling me they liked it the way before better. :sad:

But if you take your daughter to the salon, maybe it wont be too bad because you will be able to ( and make sure you do) watch each cut the stylist makes. But I hear you on being able to do it yourself, it will save you money and stress because really, there are some people who just dont care.