Sea Water Natural Hair

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Most people protect their hair with oil and conditioner. I would probably do a layer of coconut oil the night before, add conditioner and put into some chunky twists then add more oil and a bit of conditioner the next morning then put my hair in a bun. I'd also do a full wash day ASAP.

Aggie

Everyone here is right. You can protect it as much as you can before PLUS you'd have to do some deep conditioning afterwards. There are many product lines that carry after the sun and sea products for the hair. Examples are Biolage and Redken. There are others I'm sure but these are the two that I'm familiar with. Congrats on your baptism. That's a very serious step in your spiritual walk. I'm happy for you.

MzSwift

I actually ADD 1-1.5 tsp of sea salt to my spritzes and DCs. I've been doing it since 2009 with no ill effects. It makes my hair feel very soft and moisturized.

I agree with the ladies who have mentioned that it's such a brief amount of exposure that it might not be necessary to protect. Perhaps you can do two french braids using condish and a little oil. I don't know your hair type but my hair would be a poofy mess after being dipped in water. If you're going to dinner or something afterwards, the braids might help maintain a style.

Congratulations on your decision to be baptized! :)

Everyone here is right. You can protect it as much as you can before PLUS you'd have to do some deep conditioning afterwards. There are many product lines that carry after the sun and sea products for the hair. Examples are Biolage and Redken. There are others I'm sure but these are the two that I'm familiar with. Congrats on your baptism. That's a very serious step in your spiritual walk. I'm happy for you.

Thank you!

krissyhair

Sea water is not damaging. The salt and minerals replenish your whole body. I enjoy the way my hair looks after swimming in the ocean.

Wear a style you won't mind getting wet, and wash after you get home from the ceremony.

Congratulations btw.