Sebastian Potion 9

Bees

Since Giovanni Direct Leave In didn't do anything for me...I would like to try some other product. I am contemplating using Sebastian Potion 9...it seems like something my hair might like. Any comments or reviews?

sweetascocoa

im a natural and i have both potion 9 and giovanni and i prefer the giovanni. potion 0 has too much protein which is not good for my hair and makes my hair dry and hard

foxybrownsugar

I love the richness of the oils and the smell. Jojoba,safflower macadamia, babassu, borage, evening primrose, rosehip oils = HEAVEN!:thumbsup:

SparklingFlame

You have to be careful not to use too much because it will turn your hair to straw. If you use it in moderation, its pretty ok.

ccd

foxybrownsugar said:
I love the richness of the oils and the smell. Jojoba,safflower macadamia, babassu, borage, evening primrose, rosehip oils = HEAVEN!:thumbsup:

You know I am a sucker for scents!!!:grin:But I used this for my wash and goes...it curls up my hair nicely..I have never used it for setting my hair

Queenie

I love it. Just use a little. It like gel & leave-in together. I plan on trying Sally's knock-off when I'm done with my tube.

13StepsAhead

Anymore reviews on this stuff? I have it and never used it, so I'm contemplating giving it away or trying it out.

kellistarr

Good product. I agree with the person who says it's like a gel and leave-in. Start out
using a small amount.

davisbr88

I have the Sally's version and love it. I used it for a braid-out once and it was really nice. The smell is definitely nice and it did leave my hair soft and defined.

Honey Bee

This was always one of my staples, even before the board. (I was relaxed then, texlaxed now.) I use it as a moisturizer when my hair is straightened (before I wrap), just a little on the ends. This is not the product to be heavy-handed with.

13StepsAhead

Thanks for the responses ladies. EllePixie if you're protein sensitive it may be too much for you. There are 2 types of protein pretty high on the list and some reviews stated it made their hair hard.

EllePixie

Thanks for the responses ladies. @EllePixie if you're protein sensitive it may be too much for you. There are 2 types of protein pretty high on the list and some reviews stated it made their hair hard.

13StepsAhead, thanks! Yea I can be pretty PS and I have some condishes with protein that I have been using, so I don't want to overload. I decided to get the new Mixed Chicks Kids LI instead...I think it still has the a-cone but they took out the wheat protein.