Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Don't have one but would try the Pro

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Don't have one but would try the Revolution

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ms. Feliz

Has anyone tried the Sedu Revolution yet? I'm looking to buy a new flat iron but I've been stuck trying to decide between the two. From what I've seen I think they have the same type of plates, but the construction of the body on the Revolution allows for more hairstyles than the Sedu Pro.

The Sedu Revolution:

• Unique curved edge plates allow the styling freedom of creating any look you want! From straight and sleek, to sexy waves, to mega curls, this tool does it all!
  • Ultra-smooth, highly polished plates eliminate mechanical damage to your hair such as friction, snagging, stretching or pulling of your hair.

• True Nano Tourmaline Ceramic Technology enables plate to produces a potent mass of negative ions and far-infrared heat. Negative ions eliminate frizz and close the cuticle to create smooth, shiny hair while far infrared heat penetrates hair from within, resulting in faster styling with less damage.
  • Fast heat-up time! Sedu delivers constant heat for a quicker and healthier styling process.
  • Adjustable temperature: 180 oF - 450oF (120oC - 230oC) for all hair types. For bleached, fragile, damaged and fine hair, the lower setting is advised. For normal hair and regular use, a middle range is recommended. For coarse, thick, ethnic and resistant hair in healthy condition, maximum heat on a high setting is recommended.
  • Lightweight and ergonomically designed body for added control and ease while styling.
  • Safety IDCI plug with surge protection to prevent electrical shocks.
  • Unplug Iron prior to placing in pouch and allow to cool. Do not store iron while still at full heat in pouch.
  • Professional 9 foot swivel cord
  • Easy to read light - Red when heating up, blue/red blinking when ready to use, blue while cooling down.
The Sedu Pro:

Highest Quality Tourmaline Infused Ceramic PlatesSedu's Ion-rich plates reduce static, eliminating frizz so you get shinier, smoother hair 1.5 Inch Plate DesignSedu's unique width creates faster results 2 Year WarrantySedu stands by its world class, professional grade
flat iron
Unique Polishing ProcessFlawlessly smooth ceramic plates for shinier, healthier hair without pulling or breakage Exclusive Infra Red Heat TechnologySedu seals in hair's natural moisture to give you extra shine and luster Exclusive Heat Optimization TechnologyProtects hair from high heat damage Ergonomic DesignEasy to hold, handle and manipulate Ultra LightweightThe body is made of lightweight, high strength composite materials that are commonly used in aerospace industries Adjustable Temperature ControlGet the right temperature that delivers the best look while protecting your hair from heat damage Faster heat timeSedu reaches temperature target faster than ordinary
flat irons; get to your target temperature in 25 seconds
Professional Grade and Length Power CordMakes Sedu easier to use and more durable than ordinary flat irons Adjustable Temperature Control370-410°F (course, very thick, ethnic)
350-370°F (wavy, curly)
330-350°F (normal, textured)
300-330°F (thin, easy to curl)
240-300°F (fragile, very fine)
Safety IDCI PlugPrevents electrical shocks

Hopefully someone else has already tried the Revolution.

Nik_Nak

I bought the Revolution about two months ago and I love it! My hair is short and the 1" flat iron (the Revolution) is better suited for my needs than the larger Sedu Pro, which was the primary factor in my decision. I agree with your notion - the construction of the Revolution allows for more hairstyles. I find it to be much easier to maneuver and it can get to places a larger iron cannot. Also, I do like the anti-slip edge design of the Revolution. I wasn't even really paying attention to this detail when I bought it but have noticed it makes a difference.

Hope this helps :)

ceebee3

I think I have the revolution, I'll check when I get home. It's a 1 inch and it's very easy to maneuver.

I'm now learning how to flat iron and I like the way this one feels in my hands.

I've had other people use it on me with great results.

ms.blue

I have sedu pro 1.5" and I love it but w/ the sedu revolution there is more styling capabilities.

Beaute Noire

I have both but I tend to grab my Revolution more often because of the versatility in styling options. It's difficult to make spiral curls with the Pro in my opinion. But if you're going for a straight sleek look, both will give you soft shiny hair...also the Pro is a lot lighter in weight than the Revolution. I guess it's whatever you're preference is :yep:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Did you ever decide which one to get? Just wondering because I'm in the market for one myself and didn't realize the differences in the Revolution and the Pro until I was just about to order it.

I notice the Revolution is thicker than the Pro so I'm wondering if that's a plus or minus when it comes to making curls. I have the Pro now and don't have problems but I'm thinking the thicker one may make a better rounded curl.

imaccami

I have both. I don't like the Revolution because my hair gets caught in it a lot. I bought it to do the waves and curls, but I find it almost impossible to do. But, I only tried once. :look: So, I'll stick with the 1 1/2 inch.

bimtheduck

Been wanting the buy the pro for a while. There's no way in heck I'm going pay $400 for a FHI and I read a ton of great reviews for the Sedu.

I want the pro bc its bigger and I feel like I could finish my hair faster w larger plates. AND the pro is like $20 cheaper than the revolution at Ulta.

producjunki

I might get both from either folica or ulta, where ever I can get a better deal because they both look good to me. I'm in the market for everything new(blowdryer, hooddryer, flat and marcel irons, steamer, etc). But, yeah I would get both. Does anyone know of folica.com's return policy if you like one and not the other?