Cheap Flat Iron = SEDU RESULTS!!!

Sui Topi

I think I'm going to buy this soon! I think I'm "normal" hair as well. I saw it in walmart the other day but for some reason I wanted to get the coarse. I think its cool that the heater as well as the plates are ceramic, but I guess so long as the plates are ceramic it is legit

fallback

I have the VS flat iron for course hair. No complaints it worked pretty good. Especially, since I was 12 weeks w/o a relaxer. I was able to straighten out the new growth.:yep:

Slave4Hair

OP i want to thank you for reccommending this!!!! I needed a flat iron badly and i was going to purchase the chi, but i'm glad i found this. I'm a broke college student so i can use the $50 i saved for something else :grin: I am about 6-7 weeks post and i had fresh relaxer hair friday and saturday thanks to this!!

msde13

I really like the solid ceramic flat irons oppose to the coated...I got a runway...heck no I did not pay full price for it...I found one super cheap...anywho...it does not feel as hot as the others at the same temp...it seems to disburse the heat a little better and when you smooth it through your hair it is not sizzling or super hot...it actually felt room temp but my hair was pin straight and sealed my cuticle very well...you can also reduce the amount of serum you use with those type of flat irons...I still do not believe in frequent use of heat appliances...but I would say find a good solid ceramic flat iron is a must if you do want to flat iron your hair... :)

msde13

Also...I have tried sedu...and I think it sucks...just my opinion...the materials used to create it is not so great and the ceramic coating is not that great...

texasqt

Also...I have tried sedu...and I think it sucks...just my opinion...the materials used to create it is not so great and the ceramic coating is not that great...

Both the Sedu and the VS have solid ceramic plates.:perplexed

ETA: Based on HeatSeekers post below, the coarse VS has solid plates and a ceramic heater, the normal one only has the ceramic plates and the fine one has ceramic coating. I have the normal one so mine has the solid plates.

Last edited:

texasqt

OP i want to thank you for reccommending this!!!! I needed a flat iron badly and i was going to purchase the chi, but i'm glad i found this. I'm a broke college student so i can use the $50 i saved for something else :grin: I am about 6-7 weeks post and i had fresh relaxer hair friday and saturday thanks to this!!

:welcome:
Glad to hear! I was really amazed by its performance for $25 bucks.

I have the VS flat iron for course hair. No complaints it worked pretty good. Especially, since I was 12 weeks w/o a relaxer. I was able to straighten out the new growth.:yep:

:waytogo: How did you do with the 1-hour timer? That's the only thing I despised. Still working on cutting down my time but I'm just slow I guess :grin:

Oh and before I foget...one more sign :lachen:

:morepics:

Mortons

I have this flat iron and I love it :grin:

I heard only the one for coarse hair has the solid ceramic plates + the ceramic heater, and the others only have the ceramic plates. Is this true?

Copied from another website:
This straightener may seem chintzy to the uninformed naysayers but it is really a bargain b/c it contains salon-grade features. It has a ceramic heating element (not to be confused with plates) and its plates are solid ceramic, not just coated with ceramic. The one for coarse hair is the only version that has both of these features, whereas the normal hair version only has solid ceramic plates/no ceramic heater and the fine hair one has no ceramic heater/no solid plates. Back to the coarse hair one-it gets hot really fast and the temperature is adjustable up to 450 degrees. The only drawback is that if you have fine/regular hair, you need to press/squeeze the handle somewhat firmly to give you the straightest hair. This is the best value in a straightener I have ever seen.

Last edited:
oh my gosh I was just about to order the HR flat iron for 115 dollars, and now you guys are telling me that this flat iron works, well I guess that I could return it if I don't think it works well. OMG has anyone with extremely curly hair used this??? Because I want to get it right when I leave school lol

ninalovesmakeup

I'm debating on whether to get this or the Sedu. I never straighten my hair, but I was going to get it cut and styled soon for my pharmacy school interviews, and I heard how great the Sedu was, but it is a lot of money. I might go ahead and give this a try and if I don't like it, I can take it back.

texasqt

Hey Texas QT, do you think it will work in really curly hair, well after you blow dry it, because your hair is relaxed but I dunno I need help :)

I'd say give it a try and keep the receipt just in case you don't like it. I think that if you use good techniques (i.e., using products that work for your hair, starting with a freshly washed & deep conditioned hair, using a good leave-in & heat protectant on wet hair, blowdrying using PinkSkates method, and using more heat protectant before flat ironing at the lowest heat level that will straighten your hair) you should get great results with this iron.

For curly hair/natural hair, your straightening process should start way before using the flat iron. I make sure the products I use soften my new growth making it easier to manage like my favorite heat protectants: Redken Smooth Down Heat Protector, Smooth 'N Shine Polishing - Silk 'N Sleek Heat Protect Straighten Polish, and Hask Straight Solution. I don't use all three at the same time but each one helps the flat iron smooth and straighten my hair. There are also shampoos and conditioners that will do the same but I have had a need to use any of those yet. Maybe when I become fully natural. Also, I now have to wash and condition my hair in ponytails to keep my hair detangled and to get a good result on my transitioning hair.

The main thing about this flat iron as well as the Sedu is the way the hair strands/cuticles are left smooth, shiney, and moisturized thanks to the ceramic plates and no, not all flat irons provide that benefit. There is a difference!