SEMI-PERMANENT COLOR & RINSES

Lilydrake

What is it?
Semi-permanent color can deepen the shade of your mane or enrich your natural tones, but it won't help you with a drastic shade change. McCraw says a good rule is not to expdct anything lighter than the shade of your tresses BEFORE the color is applied. Natural shadings such as Henna alos fall into this category.

Who needs it?
This sort of color formula is generally applied to the whole head, so it's good fro covering gray or adding a glossy shine to your locks. The exception to this rule, says color expert McCraw, are high-fashion options. These may be painted on in streaks for a dramatic effect. Because it's gentlier, semi-permanent color is a good choice for fragile or over-processed tresses, too.

How much coverage is provided?
Gray strands can be covered completely, but the tone-enriching effects of semi-permanent color allow you darker natural mane shade to shine through as well.

How long will it last?
Your enhanced shade will stay fresh throug 6-8 shampoos. After that its aura slowly fades.

Shade maintenance: Gentle shampoo and conditioner for color-treated tresses are your most valuable tools. Another avenue toward lasting color: If you're getting other salon services at the same appointment as you hair color application, be sure your stylist applies the color LAST. The chemicals in relaxers, and other salon treaments, can pull the color back out of your hair.

SBH

asummertyme

great info!! i saw a lady getting her hair in streaks 2day...i will stick with sebastion colur shine until my hair gets really close to goal and then i will get some streaks....i think....

sithembile

I think I want a semi permanent colour for next summer, in a auburn/reddish shade. Is anyone else going semi-permanent?

C

Cami

I'm currently using a blue-black semi-color rinse. I love the way it make my hair looks-really healthy. I think it breaks off my hair though because after I rinse it out, a lot of hair comes out too. Does this happen to anyone else?

C

Cami

I use Clairol Jazzing and it doesn't have peroxide or ammonia. I wonder what could be causing the breakage...