Sengori Shells hair update, pic overload!! ok not really

Carmelella

Installed 1.3 packs of senghori shells natural rythyms, 14 inches, color 2 hair. My hair is natural, i'm a 4b (absolutely no doubt about it :grin:).

I only split the wefts in the front and used nail glue to seal. the glue did not make the wefts stiff or unpliable but when i first put it in and i rubbed the weft it felt rough, now it feels like the other wefts. I have a u-part leave out and a smidge of leave out in the back.

I tried to put the pics in the post but they came out too small, so they are attached.

(purple heart 1 day post install,.. i had to trim the thin ends.)
blue shirt, 2 days post
pink shirt, 4 days post

(almost all days were rainy or humid and i haven't flat ironed my real hair since.) more pics below

Attachments

• IMG_0331-001.JPG
    IMG_0331-001.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0323-001.JPG
    IMG_0323-001.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0333.JPG
    IMG_0333.JPG
    381.9 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0355-001.JPG
    IMG_0355-001.JPG
    328.3 KB · Views: 248

Carmelella

For weave it up challenge:

hair lightly blowdried to make it easier for my hairdresser to braid. my head is tilted a bit but i think you get the point. It looks like i'm full shoulder and maybe 2.5-3.5 inches till arm pit length. I think i'm retaining with the weaves.

the other day i went by my friends house and she knows i wear weaves. as soon as i walked in she said "hold up,... is that your hair or a weave." so i'm liking it. tell me what you think and how i can style it better or just get it to look better generally.

btw,... like others have said this hair does not hold a curl well. i will try setting it overnight on curlformers cuz my curling irone did not do the job,... although i'll admit i was rushing to work :look:

Attachments

• IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    294.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    329.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

Nayna

Unbothered
I love this hair. I have it in 16 inches, and I will make sure to order it in 20 next time. Like it measures at 16 but barely and I don't feel like it's long if that makes sense.

Nayna: When you use this type of hair, do you straighten your leave out? How do you wear yours when you get it done.

I'm really liking this pics and have been thinking about getting an install with this hair, but I don't know. I don't want to fool around with trying to straighten the leave out....(I'm natural btw)

Nayna

Unbothered
justicefighter1913 I straighten my edges but not really my leave out unless I straighten all the hair. The hair mostly resembles blowdried hair; I'm natural as well but if you are like a 4b then expect to have to straighten lightly every once in a while. Also it gets big. I split only one pack and I found it sufficient. It's also definitely reusable. I wore it in twistouts a lot. I also have a barrel iron so I would give it some curls and try to keep them with flexirods.

Nayna said:
justicefighter1913 I straighten my edges but not really my leave out unless I straighten all the hair. The hair mostly resembles blowdried hair; I'm natural as well but if you are like a 4b then expect to have to straighten lightly every once in a while. Also it gets big. I split only one pack and I found it sufficient. It's also definitely reusable. I wore it in twistouts a lot. I also have a barrel iron so I would give it some curls and try to keep them with flexirods.

Perfect!!! I love huge hair. * off to check this hair out*

MRJ1972

Nayna said:

Nayna

What products do you use on the twistouts? I have natural rhytms and its hard to hold curls, twist/braid outs. Thanks

Carmelella

Nayna said:
I love this hair. I have it in 16 inches, and I will make sure to order it in 20 next time. Like it measures at 16 but barely and I don't feel like it's long if that makes sense.

I feel yah on the length, especially since I had to trim some of it. It isn't short but I would do two inches longer than what I wud but in regular weaves to accommodate for the fluffy shrinkage effect of the hair.

Carmelella

It looks like I will be lightly straightening my leave out once a week as I plan on washing once a week. Oddly enough, on the rainy humid days the weave hair gets fluffier faster than my leave out hair.

What I also like is that this hair can handle moisturizers, and leave in conditioners a lot better than other hair without getting that stringy lifeless look. With bobby boss hair I was a "set it and forget it " weaver. No oil on my scalp, no leave in, etc or else the hair got weighed down. Hopefully I can up my moisture game!

Plan for the leave out is to wash and condition weekly and apply a little protein conditioner to the ends. I won't put the protein conditioner on the braids cuz I think it'll be hard to wash out and might be drying.

When I wear the hair down I braid the back leave out so that it doesn't rub against my clothes.

Thanks for the advice, I'll attempt a braid out this week :)

Nayna

Unbothered
MRJ1972 I mostly used wrap lotions and pomades. I have a thing for Jane Carters wrap and setting lotion so I used that a lot. I wanted light hold so that I wouldn't have to wash it constantly. I flat twist for my twistouts so I would also put the wrap lotion or even a water based spritz on it after it was flat twisted to help keep the shape. I used Design Essentials setting lotion before as well, that had a nice hold as well.

Nayna

Unbothered
Carmelella yea I definitely liked the hair but I wished I went longer. Make sure to baby your leave out. That's why I started twisting because I didn't want to have to straighten too much. Good luck!

toinette

Tricking the president
I really want this hair. It looks so real! You said it was the natural rhythms right? So you flat ironed it?

VinDieselsWifey

I have this hair in 14 & 16 inch & I love it! The only way I get the hair to curl is with Caruso steam rollers & then the curls last for days.