sentenced to 20 years for torturing 2 Black men:

Theresamonet

Elward’s voice was shaking and he was wiping away tears as he addressed Jenkins, who is still learning how to speak again after the shooting. “Mr. Jenkins, I see you every day and every night. I’m so doggone sorry,” Elward said.

“I don’t want to get too personal with you, Michael,” he told him. “There’s no telling what you’ve seen. I’m so sorry that I caused that. I hate myself for it. I hate that I gave you that. I accept all responsibility.”

Jenkins nodded. Parker stood up and replied: “We forgive you, man.” Elward was taken aback by Parker’s forgiveness, as if he couldn’t believe it.

Following Elward’s testimony, his lawyer told the court his client was “not a hateful and mean person” before he became an officer, but the egregious conduct he and his co-defendants committed was “condoned and guarded until it became the new norm. In other words, it became institutional.”

I had to stop reading at this point. He felt the need to stand up and tell this devil who beat, tortured, and sexually assaulted him that he forgives him? And who is WE?? Is he referring to the other victim who Can’t. Even. Speak because they shot him in the mouth?

And I’m sure the POS devil is “taken aback” cause he can’t believe they bought that BS apology.

I don’t even know why I read these articles anymore.

Melaninme

I had to stop reading at this point. He felt the need to stand up and tell this devil who beat, tortured, and sexually assaulted him that he forgives him? And who is WE?? Is he referring to the other victim who Can’t. Even. Speak because they shot him in the mouth?

And I’m sure the POS devil is “taken aback” cause he can’t believe they bought that BS apology.

I don’t even know why I read these articles anymore.
Trust me...
I was hot reading this too, thinking the same as you!

Ivonnovi

I read about the arrest when it occurred. The whole incident (including the initial phone call) was racially motivated.

That person should be charged too. They didnt approve of what looked like [a relationship] between a white women and these black men.

So the Goon Squad responded & Gooned' to send a message to the community