September 17th, 18th, & 19th - What R Your Hair Plans ????

JJamiah

Happy Thursday LHCF,

Tuesday I did go get my hair done, I bought my things down to the Argan Oil :lachen: and comb :look:

I got a roller set and motions CPR steamed/ nexxus right after, Alter Ego sat for 20 minutes under my heating cap (saved $5 by not going under the dryer :D)
rinsed roller set 1 hour under the fryer dryer and pin curled. If I knew how to roller set without fear my arms would disconnect I'd be set. (then I'd save time and money)

I think the rollerset came out Soso, but I came home and put my clip in bang in and tossed my hair into a bun which looks so amazing after the rollerset, HUH, guess I learned why they always do curls before Chignons/updos are put in.

ANY WHO :lachen: I got side tracked.....

So LHCF What are your hair plans??????

This weekend will be filled with a lot of firsts.

If all goes well tonight I will be wearing my very 1st puff to work tomorrow. <fingers crossed>

When I get home I will prepoo with coconut oil and baggy while I work out.
--detangle because my hair has been in finger twists all week.
--clarify/shampoo.
-- use the Roux Porosity Control under the heat cap for 10 minutes
-- DC and steam for 20.
--Use the Kimmay Leave in Conditioner. Hopefully it will be as magical for me as it has been for others.
--Style with medium size two strand twists for a twist out on Saturday.

Saturday is anyone's guess. If it goes well it will be a twist out. If not I'm not sure.

Sunday I will style into smaller two strand twists no matter what it looks like on Saturday. I made the Miss Jessies Pudding substitute and will twist with that.

This weekend I will debut "Rachel" to the world!
FLRachel.jpg

I am going to be extra lazy this weekend and only deep condition my hair.

JJamiah I know you posted pics of the rollerset somewhere, where are they? And did you make your clip-in bun or buy it? I have some leftover hair and the snap clips but IDKWTF I'm doing. LOL

I'm going to keep it simple and just wet bun all weekend. I did an overnight "leftover" DC with a lot of stuff I had left over....cholesterol (not Lustrasilk and I hated it), ion Effective Care Treatment (cut the bottle open), and then some oils -- castor, sweet almond and avocado. Since that's done I'll just keep cowashing and experimenting with side parts, high buns and side buns.

For the first time...nothing! To prepare for my relaxer, I'm manipulating my hair as little as possible. Bun for me! I'll probably be going out this weekend, so I'll probably buy a curly phony ponytail and baggy underneath.

DC with Silicon mix, porosity, wash and roller set, this goes for me and my girls...it is going to be a long day tomorrow doing three heads

Right Now:

Co-Washed with Ori Organics Golden Jojoba Hydrating Conditioner
Spritzed on KomazaHairCare Protein Spritz
Will Rinse then Steam with My Honey Child Organic Shea Butter Hair Paste
Apply Leave-In & a little Argan Oil and Dry under Dryer
*Still Wiggin' it*

I was thinking about a rollerset.:look:

I rollerset my daughter hair on only 18 rollers Sunday and thought about how that would work for my hair.

Going to self relax - first relaxer since I've begun my hair journey - nervous and excited:)

I plan to detangle with EVOO & then thoroughly cleanse my hair with ORS Aloe (it's been at least 8 weeks since I last deep cleaned my hair!)

Roux PC before trying out my new Deity Extra Strngth Deep Penetrating Conditioner with heat for 20-30 mins! I'm excited as it has been well over a yr since I DC'd with heat!

Finish my wash routine day with 5-10 mins of Mendex. ETA*** I used Kuz Regenerator instead...I was a little apprehensive about the amount of protein in the Mendex.

Spray & comb through my Roux Phase 2 leave in seal with either JBCO (not sure if my hair is ready for this cold weather staple) or EVOO.\

Bun until mid week when i'm planning to dust less than 1/4"...then back to my twists until the next wash day!

Last edited:
Detangle with conditioner/EVOO
Plait into 6 loose plaits with barrettes on end
Shampoo with Shikakai bar
DC with AO HSR/EVOO overnight in plaits
Leave-in using Giovani Direct/EVOO
Scarf method
Airdry into a braided bun

I'm going to practice up-dos. I've been working out on the reg and need to get a diff hairstyle. Sunday I'm dcing, cowashing, and rollersetting.

I want to wear big, wild hair all weekend...so I shall do that! And a deep condition w/ Shescentit Banana Brulee, honey & EVOO! Have a good weekend, all!

tonight I plan to
prepoo with jbco, wgo, sunflower (whatever else I poured in that bottle to seal with) with heat
clarify gvp aloe rid
dc 30min towel steam method
leave in
section hair in twist for roller placement

tomorrow
wet hair
cheat roller set (Im still practicing)

I did box braids last weekend. I'm still feeling lazy this weekend and will DC my braids and wear them for another week or as long as they hold up.

Gonna cowash and apply my Bee Mine today
Nada tomorrow besides moisturize
Shampoo and DC on Sunday :yep:

I was suppose to do what I did to my hair today, this Sunday but it couldn't wait.. and I really wanted to because weting my only twice a week has been working really well.

I was so stupid last Wednesday!! I did a black tea rinse (drying), Clarifying with my lovely $1 suave clarifying shampoo (drying), then used Aphogee two minutes for 5 mins (very drying), then had the nerve to deep condition like it was a normal wash day, which includes slapping on some Suave shea butter and almond use a little heat. By Friday it was so drrrrrrry. So I got my lustrasilk shea butter and mango, coated my dry hair and just rinsed it out and did a braid out.

Sunday I'll do the same thing but Shampoo with Suave shea butter and almond shampoo condition with lustrasilk shea butter and mango, do a braid out with HE LTR leave in and Chi keratin mist.

As for me, because I did my 6 wk clarify & Aphogee 2 step protein treatment (i DC w/ WGO & cholesterol afterwards to avoid dryness) this week I will:

pre-poo with honey, WGO and EVCO (plastic cap and sit under dryer for 30 min)
shampoo with CHI Deep Brilliance
DC w/ cholesterol & AOHSR mix
use my GVP version of Redken Anti Snap blow dry or Optimum Care Anti-Breakage Leave in
apply CHI Silk Infusion, saran wrap and sit under dryer for 15 min
voila finish, admire my hair for a bit then hide it under a silk scarf

Last edited:
misted hair with water and pre-pooing with heat with a mix of sesame,wgo,evoo, evco
wash with ao j.a.y or mill creek keratin with saa added in braids
condish with ao gbp
detangle with kbb hair milk
do twist and put perm rods on the ends using a mix of afroveda whipped gelly/curl define
sit under drywer until 75% or more dry and will take down in the am or early afternoon

Right now I am pre pooing with EVCO.:lick: I will leave this on overnight.
In the morning I will wash with CON(old formula) then deep condition with UBH(add a little wheat germ oil)set under my heating cap for about 45 minutes.
My leave in moisturizer will be the cantu shea butter, I've been sleeping on this, my daughter has been using it almost 2 years and I never once considered using it. I purchased one for myself and so far so good. I will seal with some EVOO. Plait my hair and attempt another braid out. If my braid out is another fail, then I will leave a little hair out (side bang) and put my hair in a bun.

Last edited:
Pre-poo with EVCO. I first undid my cornrows and twists using EVCO and put in large twisted sections.

So late now so gonna rinse and co-wash in the morning, by God's grace.
Hoping to debut my new curly/fro like half wig this weekend! If it goes well, may wear it to work all the time!

JJamiah I know you posted pics of the rollerset somewhere, where are they? And did you make your clip-in bun or buy it? I have some leftover hair and the snap clips but IDKWTF I'm doing. LOL

I'm going to keep it simple and just wet bun all weekend. I did an overnight "leftover" DC with a lot of stuff I had left over....cholesterol (not Lustrasilk and I hated it), ion Effective Care Treatment (cut the bottle open), and then some oils -- castor, sweet almond and avocado. Since that's done I'll just keep cowashing and experimenting with side parts, high buns and side buns.

I had a set on my LF Vanessa but that was in my siggy ;)

Actually I bought the clip in from jessicasbeautysupply.com. I love it. :D

Will wash and condition Vanessa this weekend hang her and just have her ready to go for when ever. ;)

I am going to get my FIRST EVER SEW IN Tomorrow! so I will be here for tips on cleaning my hair and scalp and all that good stuff! I am so Excited!!!

I moisturized and braided my hair the other day (freshly washed), and have been rocking my plaits underneath my wig. I will just spray-moisturize, oil the edges, and keep it tied down unless leaving the house. Next weekend I may feel like doing more! (ETA: This weekend I must do the chore of wash/dc/braid dd's hair, and she's 2). Oh boy...she does not like to have it washed!

Still in braids.

Today= nothing
Saturday= clarify and DC, airdry
Sunday= nothing

Back