***September 2012 Hits & Misses***

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Revisited Hit BFH Cotton Marshmallow cleanser :drool: Now I gotta go to that seizure-inducing site and order another one. DAMN!

@bajandoc86

I Agree. They have some of the 'best' Cleansing Conditioners out there. I love both that one & the Yarrow one.

And the Shine Rinses OMGeee.....I lurves them. I am on my last 3 BFH products.:sad:

1 Red Wine Shine Rinse
1 Cotton Marshmallow Cleanser
1 Yarrow Cleansing Conditioner

Haven't decided if I'll re-purchase any. I think they may have discontinued the Shine Rinses and the site is just too:spinning:

Ogoma

Hits
Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream: Used it alone all over on wet hair, to seal just my ends on wet hair, to re-moisturize dry hair, and to 'scrunch out crunch'. It works, works, works. Absolutely love it. It also played well with EcoStyler Argan, KMF UMG, and Garnier Fructis Pure Clean. Fantastic product.

Ecostyler Gel: My fear of wheat protein and hard hair kept me from trying this for so long. I love it for my buns and really loved the second day hair I got from this. I have only tried the Blue and Argan, but look forward to trying the Pink version at some point.

Reducing the amount of product I leave on my hair
: following my Komaza Analysis advice and only really concentrate on sealing my ends when putting my hair in a bun and using just a smaller amount (two nickel-size amounts on each side of my head). I am getting soft hair that actually dries within a few hours. I always thought my hair would not stay moisturized if I didn't coat it, but I am learning that is not the case.

Neutral

Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel: Nice shine, not crunchy hard, but useless for my sleeking down my edges, too wet, and due to the high glycerin content, unpredictable for wash and gos.

Miss

Darcy's Botanicals: the shipping is outrageous and the cost to ship to Canada is beyond outrageous so I will not have any of their products on my staple list. I don't want to be dependent on having to cross the border to get access to staple products. I want to be able to receive packages at home just like everyone else. I will stick with companies with reasonably shipping costs to Canada.

Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream: the name of this product is too long. The naming of these products is getting a tad insane. I can never remember what this product is actually called without googling it.

Last edited:

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Miss:

Hair Rules Blow-out your kinks
At first impression it got my hair really straight for only using a blow-dryer, but once I washed my hair, I noticed I sustained some heat damage. It didn't provide any heat protection and now I have to baby my hair for the next few months or so. Good thing I didn't have a lot, and cut the major damage areas.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT! I GAVE IT AWAY ASAP!

Hit:

Myhoneychild Molasses Hydrating Deep Conditioner

After years of eyeballing her products on yt and other platforms, I finally tried her stuff, and I really like this product and her Type 4 cream. It really helped my hair after the Hair Rules disaster.

Last edited:

Kurlee

Hits
Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream: Used it alone all over on wet hair, to seal just my ends on wet hair, to re-moisturize dry hair, and to 'scrunch out crunch'. It works, works, works. Absolutely love it. It also played well with EcoStyler Argan, KMF UMG, and Garnier Fructis Pure Clean. Fantastic product.

Ecostyler Gel: My fear of wheat protein and hard hair kept me from trying this for so long. I love it for my buns and really loved the second day hair I got from this. I have only tried the Blue and Argan, but look forward to trying the Pink version at some point.

Reducing the amount of product I leave on my hair
: following my Komaza Analysis advice and only really concentrate on sealing my ends when putting my hair in a bun and using just a smaller amount (two nickel-size amounts on each side of my head). I am getting soft hair that actually dries within a few hours. I always thought my hair would not stay moisturized if I didn't coat it, but I am learning that is not the case.

Neutral

Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel: Nice shine, not crunchy hard, but useless for my sleeking down my edges, too wet, and due to the high glycerin content, unpredictable for wash and gos.

Miss

Darcy's Botanicals: the shipping is outrageous and the cost to ship to Canada is beyond outrageous so I will not have any of their products on my staple list. I don't want to be dependent on having to cross the border to get access to staple products. I want to be able to receive packages at home just like everyone else. I will stick with companies with reasonably shipping costs to Canada.

Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream: the name of this product is too long. The naming of these products is getting a tad insane. I can never remember what this product is actually called without googling it.
i have never understood the obscene shipping to canada? They have flat rates for 11, 20 and higher and you can pack it up, regardless of weight (USPS). I think they're trying to cash in:nono: and it turns me off of vendors.

Kurlee

Miss:

Hair Rules Blow-out your kinks
At first impression it got my hair really straight for only using a blow-dryer, but once I washed my hair, I noticed I sustained some heat damage. It didn't provide any heat protection and now I have to baby my hair for the next few months or so. Good thing I didn't have a lot, and cut the major damage areas.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT! I GAVE IT AWAY ASAP!

Hit:

Myhoneychild Molasses Hydrating Deep Conditioner

After years of eyeballing her products on yt and other platforms, I finally tried her stuff, and I really like this product and her Type 4 cream. It really helped my hair after the Hair Rules disaster.

it makes my hair stiff

ctosha

i have never understood the obscene shipping to canada? They have flat rates for 11, 20 and higher and you can pack it up, regardless of weight (USPS). I think they're trying to cash in:nono: and it turns me off of vendors.

Most of the vendors jack up the price when shipping to Canada, I stopped yrs ago ordering online for that same reason, if I can't get it at my BSS forget it.

Ogoma

Most of the vendors jack up the price when shipping to Canada, I stopped yrs ago ordering online for that same reason, if I can't get it at my BSS forget it.

Shescentit had shipping to Canada at like $65! I don't even bother looking at her products anymore. Yes, we have the option of shipping to a border town and driving down to pick things up, but that is just crazy to have to do for stuff we use regularly. I only do cross-border shopping when I feel like it not because I have to.

I would not even go into the markup that Honey Fig sets on some of these products. Thankfully, I have found products and shipping that works for me.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
HITS
Getting off my lazy tail and taking care of my hair again. I've got to figure out summer bc my hair always suffers d/t my hectic schedule

Silk Dreams Wheat Germ Conditioner--this was my only conditioner when I went to the beach and it got the job done :yep:.I used it as a cowash, leave in & detangler.

Silk Dreams Chocolate Bliss--gotta be careful with this one bc it can overly moisturize your hair. :love: the smell, consistency, and as I said it is very moisturizing

Hots & Oil Rinses--Hair loves it. I tend to use a butter, pomade or oil on my hair and cover it with a plastic cap for 30 minutes. If it is not wash day I rinse only with water. My hair feels like butta!

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Imma just call it a miss: BASK Cacao Bark DC. I don't feel my hair was moisturized. It did an ok job, but unexpected more. It had good slip, and I was able to detangle fairly easy.

Another issue is it has grit :perplexed: really was not expecting that. It can also get messy, drippy when applying.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Imma just call it a miss: BASK Cacao Bark DC. I don't feel my hair was moisturized. It did an ok job, but unexpected more. It had good slip, and I was able to detangle fairly easy.

Another issue is it has grit :perplexed: really was not expecting that. It can also get messy, drippy when applying.

Golden75

When you get a 'feel' for the YAM please come back and leave a review here.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
HUGE HIT!: mixing up a moisturizing mist of KCC, glycerin and distilled water!

O.MY.GOODNESS! Mega moisture in a bottle!

Continued Hits: Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner, Giovanni Nutrafix and Direct Leave In Conditioners, KCC, Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Restructerizer, glycerin and EVOO added to dang near ERRY'THANK and Blue Magic Coconut grease. If I remain consistent about weekly DCs and daily M & S, I FINALLY trust and believe I can regain my thickness and ride this thing on out to APL by the end of the year!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Revisited Hit:
Jasmine Bath & Beauty's Deep Conditioner:lick: *cries because the line was discontinued*:crying3:

Continued Hits:
It's Perfectly Natural Tea-Lightful Shine and IPN Root Food
Tea Rinses
Overnight Soaks

southerncitygirl

hits & continued hits
aubrey's condtioners: gbp, jay, and hsr
hydroquench systems: greaseless moisture, mango rx dc
fantasia ic gel with sparkle-lites (clear)
darcy's botanicals: leave in, lemongrass transitioning cream
claudies revitalizer: quinoa coffee balancing, isha hair cream, murumuru acai butter, balancing ends insurance
oils: evoo, evco, sapote, jbco, meadowfoam, kukui

this list made me realize i need to be replenishing my stash....i just ran out of most of this stuff over the past 3-4 months or its running pretty low. i'll re-up some stuff in october and wait till black friday for other stuff.

Shana'

Hit: Tea Rinses....I don't know I didnt try them earlier. My shedding has decreased dramatically.

Revisited Hit: Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

cutenss

HIT:

I was unsure about this because of reviews about it not staying on. It works for me. I found that if I put the bonnet on before I turn on the blow dryer, it forms some type of seal. Then I just adjust on my head. If I turn on the dryer then to put on the bonnet, it just blows/slides off. I have a Conair Sliverbird. I use medium heat. High heat was burning my ears. This dryer produces what feels like high heat on medium. I am trying a new mask, and I just have a Sally's plastic bag on. I ran out of plastic caps, and Sally's small bags work great. With this bonnet, I can now DC every 4 days when I redo my WNG.

Continued HIT: Roux Porosity Control Shampoo/Conditioner 233. II am using this combo every two weeks. It has definitely made a difference.

I will see if this no name mask is a hit/miss.

30something

Yes.. I give a major eye roll to some of these names too

lamaria211

Hits - overnight deep ceramide treatments
Aussie Moist
SD Vanilla Silk
Sunflower oil
Redken Extreme Condish
Miss-Baba de Caracol moisturizer
Suave almond n shea condish

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Hits:

L'ANZA Daily Elements Leave-In Conditioner - Love! I don't know what took me so long to use this, but now I use it every night when I moisturize my hair before bed. My hair feels So Good! I use a small amount rubbed together with some moisturizer, and my hair has been feeling really soft and nice. It smells nice too!

Continued Hit:

Wen Mango Coconut - I did a texturizer touch up, and used MC as a leave-in, after DC'ing under a plastic cap for an hour. My hair felt Perfect, where last time I texturized I had to do an overnight moisture DC, and a MT overnight DC before my hair felt totally normal. Love it!

Last edited:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
HITS:
Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner - it is a regular conditioner but I use it as a deep conditioner with heat for 20 minutes. Melts the tangles away and keeps my hair soft in-between weekly washes. Great stuff.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Mega Hit!

The Wet Brush - We have a Winner!! :cup: Sorry if I'm late to the party on this one, but WooooW! This brush melted them tangles in Seconds...there was no pulling, or tugging, and my hair was so Smooth when I was done! It took out all the shed hairs, and I was done so quick, I didn't know what to do with myself!

I started singing R&B love songs in my head...it was That good! :lol:

Last edited:

An_gell

Hit:
Washing 2-3 times a week has helped with my psorasis, and not to mention I smell yummy with all the conditioners I'm using. lol

Adding HV avosoya oil to my HE LTR conditioner. I was worried about the cones so I poured the last little bit to this and shock it up, and cowashed. At first I thought my hair was gonna be a oily mess but instead it dried nice and soft and smooth. :)

Aussie Instant Freeze Sculpting Gels - helps slick my hair back into a bun after washes and it's a nice soft hold.