September 2022 What Did You Buy This Week? (Hair Care Edition)

Dare~to~Dream

The Doux Fresh to Def Leave-in Curl Refresher--Trying this for the first time and hoping it can replace my current daily moisturizer

The Doux Mousse Def Texture Foam--I used this last year and still have a little left in the bottle. Out of the three mousse/foams I tried last year, this was the best one

oneastrocurlie

Some more doggone hair. Idk what happened, I'm supposed to be minimizing my belongings lol. This what I got. It's originally what I wanted at first to begin with. I literally found this on the other side of town:
View attachment 482771

I did knotless doing the crochet method with these. But next time I'll start with this hair and then used non-pre sectioned hair to add as I braid down.

Dare~to~Dream

While waiting for The Doux products to be delivered, I decided to pick up Garnier Fructis Curl Refresher Revitalizing Water at Wal-Mart today. I will test it out over the next few days but as of right now I don't think it will be the replacement I'm looking for in a daily moisturizing spray but I'll see.

Last edited:

Dare~to~Dream

Still waiting for The Doux to ship my stuff so that means that I'm still trying to find potential replacements for a daily moisturizing spray. I stopped at Sally's today and didn't really see much to be honest but picked up Keracare Curlessence Moisturizing Coco Water. It's so hard finding a replacement and I'm not sure of this one either.

I just ordered more ayurvedic powders but this time from Henna Sooq since there was a sale: Organic Amla Powder and Organic Fenugreek Powder

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Still waiting for The Doux to ship my stuff so that means that I'm still trying to find potential replacements for a daily moisturizing spray. I stopped at Sally's today and didn't really see much to be honest but picked up Keracare Curlessence Moisturizing Coco Water. It's so hard finding a replacement and I'm not sure of this one either.

I just ordered more ayurvedic powders but this time from Henna Sooq since there was a sale: Organic Amla Powder and Organic Fenugreek Powder

I love the Keracare Curlessence line minus the coco water. Not because it’s bad but because I haven’t been able to try it out yet. The spray top broke and I haven’t transferred it into another one yet. @Dare~to~Dream

Dare~to~Dream

I love the Keracare Curlessence line minus the coco water.
Your post reminded that I've tried another product from this line a few years ago. It was the curl activator. I liked the product so I went to check and sure enough I had some left in a bottle. I actually think this is more of what I'm looking for in a moisturizer though I'm more used to it being in a spray form not a cream. I tried the moisturizing coco water but the jury is still out on whether I actually like it. It's still better than the Garnier Fructis spray I tried though.
Not because it’s bad but because I haven’t been able to try it out yet. The spray top broke and I haven’t transferred it into another one yet. @Dare~to~Dream
The top isn't the best to be honest. The cashier at Sally Beauty actually dropped the bottle when she tried to ring it up and she was like "oops let me see if it still works" and luckily it did. It was the last bottle they had in stock so if it didn't work I was just going to leave with nothing.

Last edited: