Sera252 Tells Her Story! All You 4BZ Natural Ladies Here's Some Inspiration

PrincessKia

Oh gosh her hair is gorgeous. I'm going to take a look at her hair videos (All) when I get the chance to see what she's doing differently.

Last edited:

tallnomad

I'm definitely down for a challenge. In regards to guidelines, I keep trying to figure out what were the priority styles Sera used to retain her length. From what I observed of her photos, it seems like she used a lot of double strand twists and braids.

Is anyone else privy to her regimen in terms of styles? From watching her videos, she said that she washes once per week.

I'm just throwing this out here, but maybe some of the guidelines are that we wash once per week, to seal, we could use castor oil, shea butter or another natural butter or oil that we prefer (since she uses those two in particular), use a water spritz (again, she uses this) or another spritz of our preference. Wear buns, twists, or braids as protective styles . . .

any other suggestions? and maybe we could even have a list of a few questions and see if she will provide a bit more insight and we could "feature" her in this thread . . . don't know, just throwing that out there. But, I definitely am working towards hair like hers as it is beautiful!!!!

What would be the guidelines? Lord knows I would love to see some 4BZ in this forum with length like that completely natural w/o heat alteration at least 99% of the time. I have nothing against anyone using heat I just want to see some long haird ladies with 4BZ texture w/o alteration.

How many do we have now on this forum that has hair texture and length like hers unaltered?

I know of Sonce. Any others?

msa

What would be the guidelines? Lord knows I would love to see some 4BZ in this forum with length like that completely natural w/o heat alteration at least 99% of the time. I have nothing against anyone using heat I just want to see some long haird ladies with 4BZ texture w/o alteration.

How many do we have now on this forum that has hair texture and length like hers unaltered?

I know of Sonce. Any others?

The bold is a dream of mine :look: and I'm not 4bz...more like a kinky cottony somewhat defined 4a.

loulou82

I'm down for a Sera-inspired challenge. I've been up and down her Fotki many-a-times and she consistently wore twists, braids, braids with extensions, the occasional puff, the occasional flat iron, and buns/updos (when her hair reached APL+).

I suggest challengers be allowed heat passes. Not to many but enough to allow ladies to do length checks and switch up the pace a bit. How long should the challenge last?

Addie

I decided today to go back natural. I Finally found a regime which worked with my relaxed hair but is just made me realise that with the help from here I can also work with my natural hair. Any advice is welcome. I think I'm 4b...a bit mixed up though but generally that. This post took out a good bit of the insecurities I felt.

LightEyedMami

thanks so much for that!...im subbing to her now, im 4b and i love getting inspiration from hair types like mine...thanks again OP

GoldenBreeze

Thanks MsCoco for posting this; good looking out. I love checking out Sera252's fotki, but I haven't seen any of her YT vid's. My hair type is a little different, but her info is actually great for any 3c through 5z. I really like her styles, but alas I'm as style challenged as they come.

J Hazel

Sera252 is such an inspiration to many women who think long hair isn't possible if you're a type 4b.

Imani

She is one of the first people I've ever seen with really long natural hair similar to mine. Unless I'm mistaken she seems to have fine/medium strands. Most of the 4bers I see with long hair seem to have coarse strands.

Definitely an inspiration. Anyone can grow their hair long with patience and the right techniques.

bride91501

I was in a hair funk today before I saw this thread and Sera's YT videos. Thanks MsCocoface for starting this thread. Just what I needed to get me back on track!

Now, I'm off to DC....