Sew In Weave Disaster Need Advice

NYRICAN1

Hi ladies just wanted to share my experience with my sew in . My last relaxer was December 21,2004 and I trying to stretch it to every 6 months. I made the mistake of leaving my weave in for 12 weeks and when I took out the weave and I noticed that i had some matting. I put conditioner on the cornrows to soften it up but when I unraveled my braids I had lots of knots, tangles at the back of my hair :eek: . I know I should not have waited so long but I thought if I washed it every 2 weeks and conditioned it also it would be okay. It took me one whole day to detangle the back of my hair. Even with this mishap I noticed I had so much new growth and I gained about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of length. I washed my hair afterwards , put in the aphogee treament and then put in a moisturizer. Do you guys think I should relax because I am pretty happy with the growth I am getting with the sew in despite the experience. Anyway I went to the salon and got my front hair cornrowed and the back of my hair in a curly sew in weave. Im just wondering if maybe I should relax or stay with the plan of wearing a sew in until my anniversary in September. do you guys have any suggestions on taking care of my sew in if I do wait??

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
i say if you are going to wear the weave anyways then continue to stretch the relaxer. Just make sure to keep the cornrows moisturized with curl activator or put oil on the roots of the hair. Maybe just keep the weave for eight weeks then re-do. Some matting is normal if the hair is being washed but not combed. As long as your detangle goes ok and you dont have breakage i say stick with the aphogee and follow it with a moisturizing conditioner whenever you take your hair down.

MomofThreeBoys

I agree with Msprotugal! Keep stretching if you have no breakage.

msportugal said:
i say if you are going to wear the weave anyways then continue to stretch the relaxer. Just make sure to keep the cornrows moisturized with curl activator or put oil on the roots of the hair. Maybe just keep the weave for eight weeks then re-do. Some matting is normal if the hair is being washed but not combed. As long as your detangle goes ok and you dont have breakage i say stick with the aphogee and follow it with a moisturizing conditioner whenever you take your hair down.

phynestone

I had a similar problem, only that I kept my weave in for 16 weeks and didn't detangle properly. You should get it re-done after 8 weeks, which is what I'm going to do now. I moisturize my cornrows w/ s-curl and grese the scalp w/ a mix of Frenchee's and Glover's Medicated treatment. I also wash it every 2-3 weeks (I know that's not good, but it's hard) and put my hair in rollers to dry it sometimes.