Sew in weave question

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the boards and this is my first time posting

Anyway.......

I've been trying to grow my hair long since February and ultimately ive decided to stop using relaxers because my hair seemed to be breaking off (my last relaxer was valentines day). ive been wearing styles that dont require a relaxer put in, such as braids,wet sets, etc. however, i feel like braids did too much pulling on my hair, so i decided to try a sew in weave. this is my first one and its the deep wave weave.

i was just wondering if you guys knew how to wash weaves? my stylist said to come back for a touch up to her in a 3 weeks and she would wash it and tighten the threads. but typically i wash my hair at least once a week, especially since im a gym junkie and i work out 6 days a week.

any suggestions???

twinietwintwin

First off, welcome to the board, you will get a lot of useful information on this forum, i know i have.....
well when i wore my sewn in weave, i'd use Creme of Nature shampoo and just stood in the shower and washed my hair down instead of over the sink, i'd be very gentle with it and put plenty leave in conditioner on the braids... i'd wrap it and allow it to air dry.... it takes longer though because of the hidden braids and everything.... Make sure you keep your real hair moisturized.... i know when i got my hair done in april the top crown part of my hair was left out to cover the sewn in weave.... the rest of my hair grew tremendously after i took it out, but the top part of my hair broke up to about a half an inch long!!!!! so make sure you're really careful when dealing with the part that's left out and keep it moisturized!!!!! That was my mistake..... Well hope this helps..... Good luck with your hair growth!!!!

God bless

Crystal