protein on sew in weave

sokoron

hello ladies!

I am currently in the weave it up challange. I wrokout a lot so I still cowash once or twice a week along with my shampoo day and DC day. I have been following the guidlines usingdiluted shampoo with an aplicator bottle to reach my braids.

Last week I used my Cholesterol as a DC on my sew in. However I have a question. Usually with my own hair out I would use a mositurizing DC one week and then a light protien the next ( sphoggee 2minute or Olive oil pack) however I am concerned about doing this with a sew in.

Thus far all of my DC can double as leave in's so the thought of not getting ALL the product out of my hair does not terrify me, however with the protein, I am scared that if I dont rinse it all out ( and how can I really tell with all this weave on top of my braids) there wil be some adverse affects.

Have any of you all used protein while in a sew in. Did you dilute and use applicator bottle?

Perhaps I need to just wait until I take down my install to do a STRONG protein treatment before my next relaxer?

Thanks!

hothair

Unless your hair is EXTREMELY sensitive to protein I think you would be fine with the 2 min Aphogee/ ORS dilute in your applicator bottle apply and make sure you rinse out well same as with your other treatments.

MaintaintheSexy

I've been applying Megatek to my scalp mixed with castor oil since I got my sew in last week Tuesday. I apply a light moisturizer afterwards and the other day I put Aphogee's balancing moisturizer on my hair and washed it out. I wonder how my hair is going to look when I remove my install. Im anxious to see and I pray its not broken off.