Shampoo Info

soulchild

This is from Kenra.

Kenra shampoos contain a unique ingredient (Sodium Myreth Sulfate) that is especially mild and gentle on your hair and skin. This gentle ingredient is also critical for daily cleansing because it will not deplete any moisture or color out of hair like some shampoos. With Kenra shampoos, you will experience a noticeable improvement in the condition of your hair.

The Kenra difference. Shampoos are designed to cleanse the surface layer of the hair shaft. Many others use an alkaline-based surfactant (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) which can create two problems: 1) the molecules are small and therefore penetrate the hair shaft, depleting moisture and damaging the internal structure, and 2) the high alkaline range requires the addition of other ingredients which can irritate the scalp and leave your hair feeling dry and brittle. Kenra Shampoos, on the other hand, use a larger molecular weight ingredient (Sodium Myreth Sulfate) which does not penetrate the hair shaft.

Penetration into the hair can deplete moisture and cause damage to the internal hair structure

Large molecular size preserves correct moisture balance while gently cleansing the cuticle layer.

I just thought this was interesting. Also, Sodium Laureth Sulfate is the gentler from the SLS's

Purtygurly

I just got free samples from Kenra yesterday and that information was in the package. I thouth that it was interesting too.

soulchild

Ooh what samples did you get? I was shocked that they came so fast. The moisturizing shampoo, conditioner, and daily provision leave-in.

I thought this info was intersting since even though SLES is relatively gentler than other surfectants (ALS,SLS) it is still pretty damaging.

Purtygurly

I got a tube of moisturizing conditioner and shampoo. It came with my surge
so I was in product heaven for a few minutes.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Ever since my "Elucence Experience"
I seek out shampoos with sms.
So far the only one I've found in the bss (not a salon or health food store) is Sally's ION Straightening Shampoo.

Armyqt

Can someone post the ingredients in the Kenra shampoo please? My main shampoo is Elucence MB and I love it. I know that Kenra is owned by the same company and I'm wondering if the ingredients are somewhat similar.

Purtygurly

Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo- Purifies water, Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Sodium C14-16 Olephin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Hydrolyzed wheat protein, Extracts of Rosemary, Chamomile, Horse Chestnut, Sage, Horsetail, Nettel, Lemon Balm, Coltsfoot Leaf and Birch, Glycol Distearate, Polyquaternium-10, DMDM Hydantoin, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Citric acid, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow No. 5