shampoo is good for hair?

tatambabyy

I haven't used shampoo since only god knows when. I've been co-washing twice a week. Today, I decided to use shampoo. I used organix tea tree mint shampoo. My hair felt normal after, but as I started to apply my HE conditioner my hair never felt so soft and creamy! :lovedrool: Is this because of the shampoo? I don't know what it is but I guess shampoo isn't so bad after all!

poookie

hmm. does that shampoo have sulfates? if so, that soft feeling might be because of the mild clarifying action of the sulfates. i know that after i clarify, and deep condition after, my hair feels really nice and soft.

but in your case, might have just been the conditioner :grin:

i wouldnt say that shampoo is good for the hair. at least not shampoo with sulfates. long term usage of sulfated shampoos can be damaging to the hair.

i will say this though: whenever i use a shampoo and conditioner of the same line, my hair feels like pure heaven. i.e., using the shampoo/conditioner from redken smooth down, or joico silk result. or even aussie moist. i think that using poos and conditioners from the same line, not brand, are beneficial. :yep:

tatambabyy

yes the shampoo is sulfate free. IDK if it was the conditioner because I always use the same conditioner.

camilla

do you clarify often? it may be product build up i only shampoo twice a month BUT i use acv to clarify so i dont get build up after that any cond. will make you hair feel like silk

tatambabyy

do you clarify often? it may be product build up i only shampoo twice a month BUT i use acv to clarify so i dont get build up after that any cond. will make you hair feel like silk

this is my first time clarifying in at least 3 months. I always use the same conditioner and my hair has never felt this soft.

MonPetite

Depends on the poo.

I've reviewed the one you used and others from that line in great detail in my drugstore album.

I wash DAILY and my growth rate of .5" (1" with MT -love it!) suffers when I don't. Plus dandruff and my acne-prone skin goes nuts.

For the last four years I only used SLS-free poos. I reviewed two ALS poos with no damage -with DAILY washing, but I worried I was running on borrowed time and stopped.

Now I'm using an SLS poo by Nexxus for moisturizing. I was hesitant but the list of good stuff and the great benefits made me give it a try.

My hair was SOFT ENOUGH TO DETANGLE WITHOUT CONDITIONER. I was SHOCKED.

Even more shine than my naturally healthy hair bling, supple, smooth, lucious strands -BEFORE CONDITIONER.

It is the first time this has ever happened...EVEN WITH AVEDA SHAMPOO!

It's blowing my mind and my review on it will be quite lengthy. I'm going to repurchase it which RARELY happens with me. Thus my 200+ reviews.

So...can shampoo be good for hair? YES.

Do you have to use it for healthier hair? DEPENDS.
For ME, YES. For many others, NO.

Is shampoo ALWAYS bad? Like anything else related to hair care: NO.

It depends on the formula, quality and your hair and scalp's needs.

tatambabyy

Depends on the poo.

I've reviewed the one you used and others from that line in great detail in my drugstore album.

I wash DAILY and my growth rate of .5" (1" with MT -love it!) suffers when I don't. Plus dandruff and my acne-prone skin goes nuts.

For the last four years I only used SLS-free poos. I reviewed two ALS poos with no damage -with DAILY washing, but I worried I was running on borrowed time and stopped.

Now I'm using an SLS poo by Nexxus for moisturizing. I was hesitant but the list of good stuff and the great benefits made me give it a try.

My hair was SOFT ENOUGH TO DETANGLE WITHOUT CONDITIONER. I was SHOCKED.

Even more shine than my naturally healthy hair bling, supple, smooth, lucious strands -BEFORE CONDITIONER.

It is the first time this has ever happened...EVEN WITH AVEDA SHAMPOO!

It's blowing my mind and my review on it will be quite lengthy. I'm going to repurchase it which RARELY happens with me. Thus my 200+ reviews.

So...can shampoo be good for hair? YES.

Do you have to use it for healthier hair? DEPENDS.
For ME, YES. For many others, NO.

Is shampoo ALWAYS bad? Like anything else related to hair care: NO.

It depends on the formula, quality and your hair and scalp's needs.

thanks little gold lamb! I think I will be adding shampoo into my regimen!:yep:

vnaps

From my readings & personal experience......

I think shampoo is good to remove buildup......i wouldnt use it often though.....

i shampoo once a week then deep condition......i dilute the shampoo first (maybe add some oil or conditioner)....oh i also put conditioner/oil first for 30 mins or so.....

all this is done so the shampoo doesn't stirp my hair bare......

so i would agree with the other ladies that shampoo is good but in modertion...i clarify 1/month btw or when i feel my hair is heavy coz of oils,leave in's etc

good luck.

tatambabyy

From my readings & personal experience......

I think shampoo is good to remove buildup......i wouldnt use it often though.....

i shampoo once a week then deep condition......i dilute the shampoo first (maybe add some oil or conditioner)....oh i also put conditioner/oil first for 30 mins or so.....

all this is done so the shampoo doesn't stirp my hair bare......

so i would agree with the other ladies that shampoo is good but in modertion...i clarify 1/month btw or when i feel my hair is heavy coz of oils,leave in's etc

good luck.
thanks vnaps! i will be sure not to over due it