shedding after perm

RNDiva

Okay it has been one week since I permed. It has been a total of 4 months and 1/2 since my last permed. So I have always had good results with silk elements by Sally's, my last perm was Affirm which I did not like at all.
Well anyway so I put a silk elements perm the new one with olive oil in. I neutralized like 3x's and then put a reconstructor on. For my leave in I used ic and qp silk. I then just straighten my hair and wrapped it. So I want to know did I do something wrong? It's not shedding alot but enough

I got my hair clipped like two weeks prior. In between time I get ceramic fusions when my hair starts to thicken up.

I am going to start taking my garlic pills again and when I get paid get nuritress I have used those before and they work.

Any suggestions.

Highly Favored8

Well for me I started to freak out when I shedded real bad after my Affrim Perm. Now that I have been 3 months post relaxer and been using Bee Mine hair growth serum. I can honestly say that I have no more excessive shedding and tremendous NG. Before I started using Bee Mine hair growth serum my hair would just shed, shed, and more shedding, until I just started doing research about what can I do to at least minimize the shedding and since September of 2008 I see no Globs of shedded hair. I am going to relax in March of 2009. I have a lot of NG now and I just bun my hair up and mind you in September of 2008 I went from Full APL back to SL, now however, after using the Bee Mine Hair growth serum as my daily reggie, and scalp massages and weekly washes and DC my hair I am seeing finally less, and less, shedding. Hope this helps. This is MHO and this is what has honestly worked for me.

SelfStyled

I have had heard some people say they experienced shedding with the Silk Elements Relaxer. Has this happened to you with Affirm before? With SE I have heard of increased shedding immediately after using it or like 5-8 weeks in---this is what I just have noticed all was good til I got to 6 weeks and then mad crazy shedding.

You can try the garlic..... I would try some super moisturizing DC's with heat.

TLC1020

I experienced shedding after using Affirm relaxer, some women experience shedding after using Motions relaxer and some are shedding w/Silk Elements.. So I don't know :ohwell:

RNDiva

No I used to use silk elements all the time never had any shedding so I don't know what is so different this time, maybe because I had affirm before but I will see. With the bee mine serum if you stop using it will your hair shed again?