New To Board

RNDiva

Hello all,
I am in the process of wanting to give my hair a break from perms at least no more than 3x's a year. Anyway I have affirm now last permed in august. I love silk elements thinking of going back. Anyway I need help with some of the lingo in the boards regarding length, hair type and regimen etc. Also I notice since going with ceramic fusion which I use the design essential products I was wondering what can I do with the drying . I feel my hair is so dry and if I oil it will leave it looking crazy.:wallbash: My goal is to have my hair to shoulder length.

BeetleBug

Welcome to LHCF!!!! Whatever questions you have, just ask away. The ladies here will be very helpful.

Nonie

Welcome aboard!

Don't know much about products or relaxed hair, but as far as the board lingo is concerned, there's a sticky called "Favorite Stickies" at that top on the Hair Forum and in it is this thread of acronyms used on the board:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=20774

As far as length lingo, there was a thread posted recently on what different lengths are. I'll see if I can find it and return with the link.

Here you go: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=290573

Last edited:

BrooklynSouth

Hello all,
I am in the process of wanting to give my hair a break from perms at least no more than 3x's a year. Anyway I have affirm now last permed in august. I love silk elements thinking of going back. Anyway I need help with some of the lingo in the boards regarding length, hair type and regimen etc. Also I notice since going with ceramic fusion which I use the design essential products I was wondering what can I do with the drying . I feel my hair is so dry and if I oil it will leave it looking crazy.:wallbash: My goal is to have my hair to shoulder length.

Welcome aboard THE BOARD R.N.!
I've taken a break from relaxers since March of this year. Transistioning after 20+ years of relaxers! You've already been told about the STICKIE which will help with the coded words and over time you'll catch up with the meanings. Dry hair needs moisture..find a good leave-in then lightly oil atop the leave-in. Once again, welcome aboard.

NYAmicas

Seeker
Welcome, check out the stickies and read/browse some threads to familiarize yourself with some terms/regimens.

RNDiva

thanks to everyone I will try to post some pics later. I think my hair might be fine because my hairdresser puts the most large beautiful curls in my hair with the ceramics no holding spray lightly sheen the next morning my hair is limp and straight.