Shedding Concerns

cocoberry10

Hi Ladies:

I don:t know if I am shedding more than normal, but I was wondering if there is anything to lengthen the growth phase and slow down shedding. I wonder if I can increase my growth phase if my new growth will seem thicker. I know genetics plays a big role, and my hair is growing, but just wondering if I have more shedding than normal (it is shedding, b/c I can see the bulb at the end of my hair). Thanks!

anahnamuslyyours

I'd be interested in this too. Seems like no matter what vitamins I take, how much water I drink, or how much stress I don't put on my hair, I still shed like I'm a d@mn animal... And it's not just seasonal. I swear, I shed year-round like 30-40 strands a day.

I wish I only shed 30-40 strands a day!! I do find that not letting my scalp get dry helps a lot to cut back on excessive shedding- over 100 hairs. So, to help, I spritz my hair with an oil/water mixture and rub either cocnut or emu oil into my scalp. This seems to help.

Isis

cocoberry said:
Hi Ladies:

I don:t know if I am shedding more than normal, but I was wondering if there is anything to lengthen the growth phase and slow down shedding. I wonder if I can increase my growth phase if my new growth will seem thicker. I know genetics plays a big role, and my hair is growing, but just wondering if I have more shedding than normal (it is shedding, b/c I can see the bulb at the end of my hair). Thanks!

That's part of the many benefits of taking MSM, it reduces shedding ,lengthens the growth phase and increases hair growth. There are many threads - recent and older - on MSM and how it works. I don't have problems with shedding but I just started taking MSM, mainly to see what it will do with my hair.

Last edited:

trinidarkie1

Gonna have to start taking MSM as well.
I had a big scare about shedding a couple saturdays ago.
Someone advised me to get some moisture in by mixing a solution of conditioners with water. Since I have been doing that by spraying it on my roots before I style, its stopped.. no more severe shedding/breakage either.

MizaniMami

cocoberry10 said:
Hi Ladies:

From what I have learned there is NOTHING (known) that can lengthen the growth phase. Only speed up growth. Scientist/doctors don't even know s, it may be stress, it maybe diet, hell it can be the air we breathe. No one knows for sure. But I say take mass vitamins and baby your hair.