SHEEP SORREL...AKA...VIRGIN BLACK CASTOR OIL

HOTCHOCOLATE

is in this month issue of ESSENCE:

"Massage with sheep sorrel, also known as virgin black castor oil (to order, call Waterlady, Inc., (212)928-7790). It stimulates hair growth.''

Has anyone heard of/or used this?

Ennyaa

Never heard of this but it sounds a little scary. Did a google search and I got a lot of links about use in cancer remedies. Did you call the number?

BronxDiva

My sister called her and she said she had cancer and she started using this sheeps sorrel after her hair fell out and it helped it grow back. My sister said Essence posted the wrong number that number is actually her home number (very nice woman by the way). Also the product is very expensive, a lot of cancer victims use it to grow their hair back, SIH (so i heard).

CICI24

Sheep Sorrel are in several different hair oils that you can get from the Beauty supply store B&B oil has this Ingredient

Ennyaa

Ya know I just took at look at my African Pride Hot Six Oil and right there (listed with a bunch of other wonderful ingredients) was Sheep Sorrel. Guess I just never knew what it was before and didn't bother to ask.

vevster

Well, I am getting the sorrel pomade to use on my hairline. I will definitely monitor and post my results!! I am so looking forward to trying these products! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mahalialee4

Please clarify: Are you saying that "sheep's sorrel" is another name for virgin castor oil that is processed from the black seeds of the castor plant?" (refer AKA also known as?)So then in effect,this is the same thing as Jamaican Black Castor Oil, right? Please clarify... as I may be able to get some here.thank you, Bonjour

HOTCHOCOLATE

Mahalialee4: The magazine says, "....sheep sorrel, also kown as virgin black castor oil...." I believe you're right, it is the same as the Jamaican black castor oil.

vevster

I think that the castor oil is a base for all the herbs that she puts in.... she does put herbs in she is an herbalist.