Short-styled Wigs! Advice and Help!

greight

Hi everyone!

I've been really getting that itch to change my style. I have been toying with different styling options, but I'm the type of person that hates my hair when it doesn't look NEAT. I'm flat-twisting okay, but I do it and looks so fuzzy/old :sad:.

Anyway, I was thinking about rocking wigs. I read up on the wig thread, but a lot of ladies prefer the medium-long look, and I actually want to go SHORT. Similar to this. Pookaloo gave me a link to another one, but alas... That one got poofed and I'm on a different computer now.

I like the look of 27-pieces, too. But I am NOT going anywhere near glue :nono:.

I'm kind of nervous since this is my first time with wigs... I went to the BSS yesterday and was overwhelmed. I saw the Vanessa "Cozy" wig and liked it. I didn't try it on since I didn't have a wig cap.

Any experiences with short wigs? Do they get raggedy quicker than long styles? But most importantly, STYLE SUGGESTIONS! I wear glasses and I want a bang :grin:

greight

I've seen a lot of youtube reviews on the mommy wig by Janet. It's really nice.

It's too curly/fancy for me... I was thinking about wearing the wig to work and wanted a more straighter style. It's a nice 1920s vibe look, though

davisbr88

I have a couple of short wigs in my arsenal that I plan to wear in October and November. I know a few people who have worn short ones and they said one of the number one things is to make sure you keep the wig turned inside out on a wig stand or head for a few days before putting it on to make sure it lays flat to your head, and to make sure it is secured tightly on your head to give it a really good fit. I don't have any advice of my own since I've never done it before, but that's what I've heard.

ETA: This is one of the ones I got. I'm pretty sure that with short wigs, the cut makes all the difference in how it looks.
https://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Wig/FREETRESS-EQUAL-SYNTHETIC-WIG-KERI/index.php

Last edited:

NikkiQ

I had a synthetic inverted bob about 2 years ago and a blunt cut bob that I absolutely loved. I wore them for months without problem until the area closest to my collar started to get a bit worn out. That would have to be my only problem, but its like that with all the wigs that I've own. As far as the bangs go, I too wear glasses and I opt for the side swept bang myself. Sometimes the blunt bang with glasses closes off the face a bit too much for my liking. Did you want a straight one or curled?

greight

I have a couple of short wigs in my arsenal that I plan to wear in October and November. I know a few people who have worn short ones and they said one of the number one things is to make sure you keep the wig turned inside out on a wig stand or head for a few days before putting it on to make sure it lays flat to your head, and to make sure it is secured tightly on your head to give it a really good fit. I don't have any advice of my own since I've never done it before, but that's what I've heard.

ETA: This is one of the ones I got. I'm pretty sure that with short wigs, the cut makes all the difference in how it looks.
https://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Wig/FREETRESS-EQUAL-SYNTHETIC-WIG-KERI/index.php

I LOVE this! I was thinking of a bit shorter though. But that's the kind of bang that I want. Not completely straight across.

And thanks for the bolded. I was thinking about getting a wig stand, but I was hoping that I didn't need to...

greight

I had a synthetic inverted bob about 2 years ago and a blunt cut bob that I absolutely loved. I wore them for months without problem until the area closest to my collar started to get a bit worn out. That would have to be my only problem, but its like that with all the wigs that I've own. As far as the bangs go, I too wear glasses and I opt for the side swept bang myself. Sometimes the blunt bang with glasses closes off the face a bit too much for my liking. Did you want a straight one or curled?

I agree with you about the bang. I like the idea of the bang framing my glasses, swoop style. I want a straight look, but feathered/curled at the ends :yep:.

In terms of maintaining your short look, were you doing something similar to what davisbr88 said? Inverting the wig, using a stand?

Thanks!

davisbr88

^^ I think you only have to do that before you put it on the first time. I don't think you have to do it everyday... but I can ask my friend.

NikkiQ

No I just took mine out the pack and rocked it straight like that. Once it was on, it formed to my head by itself.