Should I continue with ORS?

kenkaikim

I went to the salon a little over a week ago to get my hair cut. As the stylist was washing my hair, she asked me when was the last time I relaxed. I told her 3 days ago. I had used ORS no lye relaxer for my last two touch ups and I knew that it was leaving me a little underprocessed, but I had no problem with that.

The problem now is, I got a very short, tapered on the sides and in the back, haircut. Should I switch to a relaxer that will leave me bone straight since my hair is so short and since I plan to wear it in this style for awhile? Or should I continue to use the ORS which is better for my hair in the long run?

Please help!:wallbash:

JessCNU

i've worn short cuts for years and with them I always relaxed bone straight. I couldn't have a texlaxed or underprocessed short cut :( now that my hair is longer on the sides, i only leave the relaxer on for about 10 min. and i base very well.

kenkaikim

I use ORS no lye regular and it leaves me bone straight....Maybe you didnt leave it long enough?

I have fine, color-treated hair and the entire process from start to finish was 15 minutes. It looked bone straight while I was smoothing it down but it wasn't.

kenkaikim

i've worn short cuts for years and with them I always relaxed bone straight. I couldn't have a texlaxed or underprocessed short cut :( now that my hair is longer on the sides, i only leave the relaxer on for about 10 min. and i base very well.

Thank you. I was thinking that since it is so short, bone straight would be okay.

JessCNU

Thank you. I was thinking that since it is so short, bone straight would be okay.

Yeah...some ladies may disagree but I didn't have any problems with it. I like the bone straight look with a nice short cut:yep: I got my hair cut all the time to keep up with the style so I didn't have to worry about split ends.