Should I cut my hair???

What should I do?

• Total voters

cocoberry10

naicendivine said:
The state of my ends are driving me crazy!!! I think about them all the time. I really was trying to hold out until I got to bsl before I started trimming my hair again but now I'm thinking about just cutting it back up to armpit. What should I do?

And the reason I try to hold out on trimming is because I feel like everytime I trim, the new ends start thinning out. So I'd rather that the old ends get chewed on til I'm finally ready to cut. But right now I just want to see full, even, lush ends. Maybe I'm being impatient and should just wait a few months when I (hopefully) reach brastrap?

Here's pics of my hair
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=112768&highlight=year+progress

I feel your pain. My ends are a hot mess, but I've been holding out also. I think I've finally reached brastrap, but not all of it, so I'm going to wait. I'm deciding when to relax next (or if at all), and that will determine it for me. But it's rough to have rough looking ends. I understand:)

cocoberry10

At most, I would dust my ends just a little bit, if you really feel the need to trim. I wouldn't do more than 1/8-1/4 inch. That will get the little frays off, but not take away length. But, I don't think you need to cut. Just be patient.

InnerSoul

naicendivine said:
The state of my ends are driving me crazy!!! I think about them all the time. I really was trying to hold out until I got to bsl before I started trimming my hair again but now I'm thinking about just cutting it back up to armpit. What should I do?

And the reason I try to hold out on trimming is because I feel like everytime I trim, the new ends start thinning out. So I'd rather that the old ends get chewed on til I'm finally ready to cut. But right now I just want to see full, even, lush ends. Maybe I'm being impatient and should just wait a few months when I (hopefully) reach brastrap?

Here's pics of my hair
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=112768&highlight=year+progress

I wouldn't trim until u reach your goal...atleast this is what I would do. Even when I reach my goal of APL... I still probably won't trim(maybe dust) but for the most part my ends aren't all split...they get frizzy at times but I know for me what causes my split ends/strands is the intense heat from the hand held blowdryer with comb attachment.. every time I use that I have split hairs before I wash. I haven't cut my hair only dusted a few strands.. but I just keep using deep cond treatments twice a week and I keep that intense heat off of my hair and by doing this there is no need for me to do really do big trims... I also keep my ends moisturized and sealed with oils.

healthyhairin07

Divine Inspiration said:
Yours don't look particularly bad to me, just uneven. If you're dying to have blunt ends, then go for it, but keep in mind, that as your hair grows out, your ends won't always be perfect. You may have to sacrifice that look for the sake of getting to your goal.

ITA Your ends don't look that bad to me. Your hair is beautiful. I think yuou should get a little trim, but not a cut. I don't think it's that bad. Good luck!

Christa438

naicendivine said:

My ends don't look that good either, but I have had enough with all the cutting and am in no rush to see scissors any time soon. I have been nursing my hair to health and doing a good job. I am hiding my hair until Christmas under weaves and wigs so there's no need to trim right now anyway. The funny thing is I just plaitted my hair and my ends didn't look that bad either, just a little bit frizzy, but I promise it was so much worse last year. Maybe that's all the LHCF hair care/treatment recommendations working magic on my head. You just getting a little anxious or impatient right now which I think is common. I think you can wait on BSL and then trim/dust. You'll feel good about it.

vaqtea

I vote NO!

Tuck your ends away and wait for another day, then reevaluate.

This always works for me!:look:

SouthernTease

Relax, Don't do it!!! :)
Maybe you can give yourself
a little dusting if you're all
self-conscious about it, but
your ends look fine to me
and I'm all about the well-kept/even ends

Aggie

I was having the same problem and what I did was dusted the whole head evenly. I will continue to dust them until I get all the ugly ends off. Dusting for me is once a month for several months or at least until I see the type of improvement I'm looking for. Doing it this way, does not make me feel that my progress is shot to hell. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.