..... Should I cut my hair?

SimpleKomplexity

I don't know why I have been itching to cut my hair lately. I feel like my ends are thin and very limp. I've been thinking about going to the Salon and getting a trim, but I'm scared they'll cut off 2-3 inches and I'll be right back where I started in just twiddling my thumbs until APL.

I just want healthy hair, and not just longer hair. Now that my hair is APL, it is pretty and blows in the wind, but when straight my ends are not blunt or anything to talk about. I want to have GAWGEOUS hair not just...aight loool. I guess I'm vain. So what should I do?

Should I get a trim or should I use a growth aide and grow my hair over the summer and try to get about 2 more inches and trim before school next year?

Lute

Leave your hair alone. Just protect your ends.. use your growth aide.

I never understood why people are so hung up on wanting to cut their own hair...especially if you want to grow your hair long..

Just leave it alone...

sheba1

Hey SK. Congrats on APL! I can't say what you should do for your hair, but I'm in a similar boat, so I'll tell you my game plan. I plan to protective style until I'm 2 inches past BSL, dusting every so often for healthy (not necessarily pretty) ends. I feel that as long as my hair doesn't look spot on gorgeous straightened and down, I won't be tempted to wear it down all the time. This allows me to do what I know needs to be done. Once I get a couple inches past BSL, I'll trim back to BSL. I'll wear it down for a little while and then repeat the same game plan til two inches past MBL. Once I'm maintaining I'll have GAWGEOUS (LOL) hair. But I want gawgeous BSL/MBL hair. I don't need gawgeous SL, so I keep protecting and keep my eye on the prize.

When I need to "let my hair down" and feel pretty about it, I get a half wig that's near my length and straighten just the front. I put a flower in and work it. Works a charm for me. Would this work for you?

HTH, SK. Good luck to you.

Qualitee

Kris, your hair doesnt grow even, thats why you feel your ends are thin. Just wait and see what happens in 2 months. If its still that bad then do a light trim. HTH

MAMATO

Dont cut it if you don't plan to wear it straight anytime soon. But if you do, you can try to cut everything that is below the red line in your siggy. Or try to have an U shape to minimize the loss on your progress... good luck :)

scribblescrabble2

I think you should trim it. Nothing beats the look of trimmed hair, and since you have healthy hair habits the length should come back in no time.

SimpleKomplexity

Kris, your hair doesnt grow even, thats why you feel your ends are thin. Just wait and see what happens in 2 months. If its still that bad then do a light trim. HTH

Hmm... You know I never thought about it like that. Hmm. That is soooo true. My hair is so uneven :( One side is longer and then even then it's shorter in places because I got layers about 1 year ago that never fully grew out :ohwell:. I just leave it alone for now. I don't wear my hair straight often anyway. THANX LADIES!

msa

Girl, what did I tell you last time? You always want to trim every few months...that's what I've noticed since I've been on the board anyway. You just barely made APL and you want to cut again? Leave your hair alone.

SimpleKomplexity

Girl, what did I tell you last time? You always want to trim every few months...that's what I've noticed since I've been on the board anyway. You just barely made APL and you want to cut again? Leave your hair alone.

LOL! I really believe others when they say cutting is addictive! I really want to do it see the hair on the floor and see the healthiness of my hair...then cry about the length lol. Once you make your first cut you want to keep going....and going...and going.... lol I just want to have healthy and sexy hair

1Aleeesha

I understand your pain. If you do anything, I'd dust every few months so you will maintain your length but get rid of what you feel is necessary... But if you have that shear addiction, and may be tempted to do more than that just leave it.

I have trimmed 3 or 4 times in the last 2 months<<<craziness right because it was uneven enough for me to notice although when I wore it down it looked fine.

Well guess what, my shears broke on me (somehow, I dunno) so I decided that I won't be buying another pair at least until October which is 6 months from now. My husband even asked me what I was doing the last 2 times LOL. He probably thought I was going back in for a hair cut, even he knows once every once in awhile is enough. lol