should i have warned her?

SweetCaramel1

my study partner is getting her hair dyed 6 days after a relaxer. when she told me i was surprised. i figured she should wait at least two weeks but i didn't want to sound like a hater and down her excitement. not to mention that her mom is the hairdresser and should hold tons of knowlege. i've read about what happens when lhcf members make "recommendations" to others and i didn't want to go down that road. she's going from black to blonde. should i have said anything?

secretdiamond

SweetCaramel1 said:
my study partner is getting her hair dyed 6 days after a relaxer. when she told me i was surprised. i figured she should wait at least two weeks but i didn't want to sound like a hater and down her excitement. not to mention that her mom is the hairdresser and should hold tons of knowlege. i've read about what happens when lhcf members make "recommendations" to others and i didn't want to go down that road. she's going from black to blonde. should i have said anything?

Now you KNOW that don't mean diddly skwat these days! :lol:

But I have definitely gotten bad reactions from giving people advice. I have even been in fierce arguments with my mom over my own hair. It's really hard to just keep my mouth shut when I just want to help people, but I have learned the hard way that they'll come when they are REALLY ready to listen.

Anyway, despite that, I still would have told her. I've seen what color close to a relaxer can do and it sure ain't pretty. :nono:

Keen

She has to bleach her hair to go from black to blonde. She will need more than a warning to salvage her hair. Yes her hair will look good for a couple of weeks after that it's downhill.

If lenght don't matter to your friend, bleaching 6 days instead of 14 days will not make that much difference. I would say something to her but not push the subject too much.

My hairdresser doesn't even like doing highlights for people. She will sit you down and give you a lesson on hair bleaching and make sure you understand the implications before doing it.

SweetCaramel1

Keen said:
She has to bleach her hair to go from black to blonde. She will need more than a warning to salvage her hair. Yes her hair will look good for a couple of weeks after that it's downhill.

If lenght don't matter to your friend, bleaching 6 days instead of 14 days will not make that much difference. I would say something to her but not push the subject too much.

My hairdresser doesn't even like doing highlights for people. She will sit you down and give you a lesson on hair bleaching and make sure you understand the implications before doing it.

i had a hairdresser do that to me too :lol: i hope all works out well with her hair. she was so confident in her family member ability, i didn't want to down her.